One DIY Holiday Decor Piece for Every Room in the House
Decorating the house for the holidays can feel like a daunting task. Instead of fretting over unrealized holiday projects on Pinterest or blowing your budget on piles of decorations, try focusing on one DIY piece for each room in the house. Rather than replacing eleven months’ worth of home decor with glitter bombs and hyper-festive housewares, add one statement piece in each room. Keep things low-key with these 10 easy holiday projects that will keep your home looking like your home — well, your home, but better.
1. Front Door: Whether you live in a house or a studio apartment, everyone has a front door, and that front door can totally be decorated in a completely fresh and unique way with a DIY wreath. Make this one out of assorted knick knacks… and a hefty dose of gold spray paint, obvi. (via Brit + Co)
2. Entryway: The foyer is the first big chance to make a good impression. And while most of us can’t swing an actual tree in the entryway, this small-space solution turns your gallery wall into a vertical tree. It’s the perfect way to display cards, holiday art and maybe a few ornaments — all while taking up zero floor space. (via Brit + Co)
3. Living Room: Marquee signs are just the best, and a statement snowflake is the perfect way to DIY a snowfall if you’re not guaranteed a white Christmas. Bonus points for making decorations that are totally acceptable until spring arrives. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Bedroom: No mantel? No problem. Why not set up the stockings right in the bedroom where you can hop out of bed and start opening presents? When the stockings come down, you can use the rack to hold blankets or your #OOTDs. (via Poppytalk)
5. Kids’ Room: There’s nothing more fun than counting down to presents with more presents. Get the kids involved in making decorations for their room with these printable Santa advent boxes that you can fill with little treats and toys. (via Hello Wonderful)
6. Dining Room: What would you say about a practically free tabletop tree? Hack a mini tree with clippings from a tree farm or head out into the forest and cut your own branches. Decorate this little cutie with mini ornaments or leave it au naturel. (via Craftberry Bush)
7. Kitchen: Add some cheer to your dishes with vinyl stickers. If you hand wash the dishes, they should last you all season long. When the holidays are over, you can just remove the stickers to get your dishes back. (via Highwalls)
8. Bathroom: Dress up the candle in your bathroom with this simple advent calendar. Check off the days while you’re brushing your teeth and lamenting how little time you have to shop for your mother. (via The Merrythought)
9. Laundry Room: Scent is totally a decoration, right? Spritz every room in the house with the smells of the season: pine, cinnamon, orange and clove. Room spray is a great way to get that real tree scent with zero tree drama. (via Swoonworthy)
10. Bonus!: Personally, we think this should go in every room of the house (in varying sizes, of course!) Skip the days of vacuuming up pine needles and DIY this disco ball tree that will rock on until New Years. This is a one-step project: Glue disco balls to a pyramid base. Just be prepared to have it become a permanent feature in the house. (via Studio DIY)
Which is your favorite holiday DIY project? Tell us how you’re decorating each room in the house in the comments below!