January is prime time for kicking butt on your new year’s resolutions. At the top of my personal list there’s being more active and getting my butt to the gym. I don’t know about you, but new gym equipment and attire always helps me get more excited about working out. So if you’re looking to add a new piece to your wardrobe that can be worn to the gym and beyond, check out this athleisure garment we’ve just made.
Materials and Tools:
1. Download and print our pattern. Then cut, following the line.
2. Place the pattern over the sweatshirt and use your tailor’s chalk to trace its outline.
3. Use your scissors to cut, following the line.
4. Fold a 1/4-inch hem around the edge, then fold it a second time to create a double hem fold.
5. Use the fabric glue to create a perfect, crisp edge.
First, download and print our pattern. If you don’t have an A3 printer, print the pattern onto two sheets and then tape them together. Next cut, following the line. At this point, use tailor’s chalk to trace the pattern outline and use your scissors to cut, following the line. You should now have a pretty open-back sweatshirt. Lastly, double fold the raw edge and glue to create a crisp edge. Done!
Pair it with your fave leggings and sneakers for your workout, or wear it with joggers, heels and a bold lipstick to dress it up :)