Searching for a perfect side table? Maybe it’s time to dust off your DIY hat and get making! Whether it’s just a clever paint job and pair of stacked stools, a record upcycled into a table, or a perfectly finished found tree stump, we’ve got a table on this list for every level of DIYer.
1. Copper Tubing Side Table: Metal decor is all the rage, and we’re digging this combination of copper tubing and color blocking. (via The House that Lars Built)
2. Tree Stump Side Tables: Next up, the ladies at A Beautiful Mess take you through the steps for turning a found stump into a finished side table. We love the quirky knobby stumps they found! (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. Popsicle Stick Table: Painted popsicle sticks and cardboard, for real. This table is definitely getting added to our weekend project list. (via Home Life)
4. Upcycled Door Table: Not gonna lie, we kind of want to buy this one! It’s a leaning table made from a salvaged door and a few pieces of wood. Love the vignette created by the maker. (via Kim Werker)
5. Birch Color-Topped Stumps: The textures and patterns found on birch trees are pretty tough to beat. We love the pairing of a bright burst of color right on top of the stump… and what about that wolf pillow? (via Fraulein Klein)
6. Record Side Table: If you’ve got a record that is scratched beyond no return, turn it into a table perfect for a music-lover. Just remember, no stairway! (via The Flourishing Abode)
7. Blue and Gold: This table looks mid-century modern but guess what? It’s two stools that have been repainted and stacked. Done and done. (via Blessed Life Atop A Cake Stand)
8. Otomi Patio Table: Inspired by Grace Otomi’s headboard, this beautifully painted table is just the orange pop you need for your patio. (via Hi Sugarplum)
9. Pure and Simple Side Table: Looking for a little more minimalism? This straight up functional side table is easy to make, and a great first project for would-be carpenters. (via Design*Sponge)
10. Painted Glass Table Top: How awesome is that pattern? This tutorial takes you through how to make your own glass top table, custom painting job and all! (via Kara Paslay Designs)
11. Log Slice Table: Last, it’s log, log, it’s big, it’s heavy, it’s wood! We’ve totally made that reference before, but who can resist any excuse to bring back Ren and Stimpy? (via Seakettle)
Have you made any furniture for your home? We’d love to see your creations. Send photos our way via Twitter or Facebook, or share a link in the comments below.