12 DIY Teacher Gifts to Earn You an A+
Between all the end-of-the-school-year commitments and getting your summer plans in order, you’ve got to find some time to get a gift for the special teachers in your kids’ lives, too? Girl, how you gonna do that between commuting and homework? We got you. This list of easy-to-make gifts and printables will help you put together the *best* presents that your kids’ teachers will adore. (And if you want to break out those calligraphy skills for the most beautifully written card ever, go for it. You know those sweet sentiments are what teachers really want the most!) Scroll down for thank-you gifts that’ll definitely garner top marks.
1. DIY Banner Gift Card Holder: This is the kind of adorable present that you’ll see hanging in their classroom next year too. Add a gift card for extra credit. (via Design Eat Repeat)
2. DIY Scalloped Cork Pencil Holder: Even though classrooms are pretty high tech these days, a colorful pencil holder is never out of style. Make ’em in a variety of colors — and we definitely suggest including that key flamingo! (via Club Crafted)
3. Printable You Rule Teacher Appreciation Gift: Everyone loves brand-spanking-new office accessories. Just make sure you don’t forget this printable gift tag! (via Sarah Hearts)
4. DIY Work It Clipboard: Taking attendance? Keeping track of times in gym class? There’s a clipboard gift for that, and this one is colorful and easy to assemble. (via Dream Green DIY)
5. DIY Diffuser Keychains: Know that next’s year’s class is a wild bunch? Hook a teacher up with some essential oil goodness to help keep her cool next year. (via Lindsey Crafter)
6. Reusable Coffee Cup Sleeve: Coffee makes the world go round, and this felt sleeve protects the hand, helps reduce unnecessary waste, and looks completely badass at the same time. (via We Can Make Anything)
7. DIY Backpack Patches: If your kid’s teacher is has great style, these patches will be the perfect gift for their work bags. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Gold Foil Notebooks: A good pun is always appropriate, and these handy little notebooks will be useful all summer and all school year long. (via Lovely Indeed)
9. DIY Back to School Tote: Feeling a little more crafty? Grab some fabric paint and a canvas bag to create the perfect reusable book bag for Teach. (via PMQ for two)
10. DIY Printable Teacher Appreciation Card: Who has time to hit the store looking for a card? Hit Ctrl+P and save yourself. Just add a sweet personalized note and you’re golden! (via 100 Directions)
11. DIY Notebook Brownies: The most delicious composition notebooks EVER. (via Brite & Bubbly)
12. Paper Pencil Tube Craft: Upcycled gifts full of pens and pencils are surely the way to an art teacher’s heart, but any small-sized giftable (we’re just saying: mini liquor bottle) would be the cutest. (via Hello Wonderful)
Are you putting something together before the end of the year? Show us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!