6 Gadgets to Help You and Your Dog Stay Active
You likely spend a lot of time thinking about your health and how much exercise you’re getting, but what about your dog? There are lots of activities you can do with your four-legged friend to keep you both in great shape. To make it just a little bit easier, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite active gadgets that will keep you and your pooch fit.
1. Stunt Puppy Stunt Runner Hands-Free Dog Leash ($35): If you love to jog with your dog, but need to have your hands free, try this leash that attaches to your waist. The leash is a bit like a bungee cord, so your dog has room to roam while you’re running without getting too far away. Just watch out for things the leash might get caught on—like if you and Fido run on opposite sides of a telephone pole.
2. Kurgo Dog Life Vest ($46-66): We love this active vest because it’s really like three vests in one. Not only can it be worn as an extra layer or to carry a few things while you’re hiking with your pup. You can also insert floatation panels to turn it into a life vest. A great idea if you’re taking him swimming for the first time. Finally, you can also add an insulation layer to keep your pup warm during colder months.
3. Tagg Pet Tracker ($100): We’ve written about the Tagg tracker before. Like an activity tracker for you, it monitors when your pet is most active, and gives you access to how that data changes over time. You can use it to make sure your pet is getting enough playtime, and downtime, to stay healthy.
4. Dog Bike Basket ($50): If your four-legged friend has distinctly shorter legs, but you want them to enjoy the great outdoors as well, consider this bike basket designed just for them. The padded basket connects securely to your bike’s handlebars, and has both a water bottle pocket and treat pocket on the side. It even comes with a rain cover to keep your pooch dry, just in case.
5. REI Dog Boots ($24): You might think you only need boots for your pup during the winter, but hot pavement can be hard on their paws as well. Make sure that your pooch is able to run right along with you no matter the weather with these boots. It’s one piece of canine apparel that’s truly more about function than fashion.
6. Ruffwear OmniJore Joring System ($105): Have you heard of skijoring? It might be our new favorite thing about winter. It’s basically skiing while being pulled by a dog (or horse). You’ll need some specialized gear if you’re going to try it out. Luckily there’s a whole setup that will fit all your “joring” needs whether you decide to go on skis, a skateboard, or even your bike!
How do you stay active with your dog? Tell us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)