20 Inspired Ideas for a Dreamy Woodland Wedding
Ah, the great outdoors. Excellent for hiking, biking, and… hosting the perfect wedding. Forest weddings are super dreamy and so much fun, and you wanna know the best part? Surrounded by such beautiful scenery, you definitely don’t have to go overboard on the decorations. Just a few extra-special touches will do. From rustic chic to gilded glam, we’ve rounded up some amazing inspiration for a breathtaking woodland wedding (just don’t forget the bug spray).
3. Soft Green Bouquets: Give your bridesmaids a touch of the woodland look with bouquets made of soft green foliage, like eucalyptus. Add white flowers to make them even dreamier. (via Bethany Small Photography)
4. Take the Indoors Out: Just because you’re planning on having a reception outside in a forest doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the comforts of home. Case in point: These cushy couches make a great lounge area for guests. (via Mel & Co)
8. Flower Power: If you’re not the type of gal to ditch the flowers, we feel you. Try incorporating pretty white flowers, like hydrangeas and roses, in your altar decorations. Can you say “showstopper”? (via Jose Villa)
11. Fit for a Fairy: This woodland-inspired cake looks like it came straight out of a fairytale, with gilded ferns and gobs of artfully arranged moss. We guess fairytales really do come true! (via Crystal Stokes Photography)
12. Bring the Outdoors In: Dying for a dreamy forest wedding but don’t have a forest to hold it in? Never fear, just line your tables with lush greenery instead. Hang leafy branches from above and your guests will feel like they’re dinning beneath a canopy of trees — even if they’re surrounded by four walls. (via Erin Jean Photography)
15. Hanging Flowers: Love the hanging lights trend but not having your outdoor wedding in the evening? Here’s a great alternative: Just hang paper flowers from the trees and they’ll frame your ceremony beautifully. (via Jessica Velarde)
16. Petal Pusher: Pretty stenciled patterns filled in with flower petals make a big impact in the aisle. We love how the white color of the altar arrangements match the petals too. (via Larissa Cleveland)
20. Vine Design: Add that fairytale touch to your aisle by twisting vines around tall lantern posts. Be sure to amp up the romance with sprigs of spray roses. Now that’s an aisle fit for a forest princess. (via Colin Cowie Weddings)
Which woodsy idea do you want to incorporate in your wedding? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)