Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that New York Fashion Week is in full swing. Let the parade of impeccably dressed editors, blogger babes and street MVPs commence! Upcoming spring trends aside, we’d be lying if we said we weren’t pumped to see all the action happening on the streets. Between the good, the bad and the downright outlandish (did she or didn’t she pair those fur steppers with a metallic jumpsuit?!), it’s the man-repelling looks that will inspire our fall wardrobe and keep us double-tapping for more. As proof that you don’t have to spend a month’s rent to look like a bonafide street star, we’ve compiled 28 scene-stealing statement pieces you can incorporate into your everyday uniform — whether you’re heading to the office or just running errands across town. Pssst: They all come in at $150 or less, so you can rock model-off-duty style on the daily.
1. ASOS Satin Blue Floral Pajama Blouse ($59) + ASOS Satin Floral Print Co-ord Wide Leg Trousers ($61): Make pajama-style suiting great again with this satin floral set that would look just as at home in your bedroom as the corporate world. Yes, we’re dead serious. If Olivia Palermo ever showed up to fashion week in her pjs, you know it would be the chicest thing ever. Rock this two-piece wonder with metallic pumps and a lady-boss satchel for ALL the style points this fall. Count us in, please.
2. YRU Rainbow Road Vegan Leather Boot ($115): Can you claim to be a fashion girl if you don’t have the MVS (most valuable shoe) of the season? Follow in the footsteps of It-girl bloggers everywhere (we’re looking at you, Chiara Ferragni and Aimee Song) by rocking these pointed-toe beauties with a black bodycon dress or denim cutoffs and a bomber jacket. The rainbow block heels will almost make you want to say sayonara to flats for good.
3. Nasty Gal Slick Beat Midi Skirt ($58): How to be a fashion blogger: Proceed to hire an Instagram husband (or wife!), snag the It-girl bag of the moment, toss on a twirl-worthy leather skirt and scout out the perfect #OOTD venues. REPEAT. Throw this fierce midi skirt on with a rocker t-shirt — or a turtleneck once the temps get nippy — and modern-day go-go boots for a head-turning look.
4. Madewell Denim Raw-Edge Boatneck Dress ($118): We’re all about those anything-but-basic basics come fashion week. Look at the best-dressed bloggers and take notice of their accessory game. Elevate this raw-edge denim dress with anything from a colorful cross-body bag to an embroidered pom-pom scarf for a fall-tastic look. Ankle booties and slouchy socks are obligatory.
5. Reformation Rae Top ($128): When you find a bow-neck blouse with this much now-and-later appeal, you never let it leave your side. This billowy white button-down will not only fit the bill for black tie affairs, but it’ll look something fierce with cropped flares, smoking slippers and a leather tote for a Sunday brunch date.
6. Front Row Shop White Cartoon Print Cold Shoulder Blouse ($53): Cue the WTF moments: This cartoon print cold-shoulder blouse is meant to make people stare with envy. Who *wouldn’t* want to sashay into the boardroom wearing a top with this much look-at-me appeal? Team it with black culottes and kicky embellished loafers for a getup that’s straight-up chic.
7. H&M Jersey Bib Overall Dress ($18): You best be getting used to pinafore dresses, ‘cause they don’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Usher in a trendsetting look with this burgundy overall dress that’s a smidge preppy, a little schoolgirl and a LOT chic. For max sartorial perfection, style it with a striped top, over-the-knee suede boots and a leather baseball cap.
8. BaubleBar Lariat Choker ($36): Introducing the secret weapon in disguise that every fashion blogger swears by. When your outfit feels undone, a lariat choker will instantly toughen up the look — be it a plain crewneck tee, a billowy blouse or a boho tunic dress. Wardrobe conundrum averted.
9. Nasty Gal Butterfly Effect Wool Moto Jacket ($118): While lingering summatime temps may stop you from actually wearing this wool moto jacket to fashion week, just think how utterly ah-maz-ing it’ll look with a denim button-front skirt and ankle boots in a few short weeks. The colorful butterfly patches will toughen up a girly slip dress and lend post-festival season flair to your beloved vintage bell bottoms.
10. J.Crew Gemma Cap-Toe Flats ($108): Lookalike Chanel cap-toe flats, you will be ours if we have any say in the matter. Prepare to swoon hard over these timeless off-white and black skimmers you’ll wear for years and years to come. The accent bow will lend an air of sophistication to even your most pared-down ensembles.
11. & Other Stories Crossbody Leather Box Bag ($135): Can you say instant street style bait? ‘90s babes will get a kick out of this far-out galaxy print box bag that will complement your collection of metallic bomber jackets, embroidered jeans and combat boots. Take it out for a spin around town with a sequined skirt and a band tee for an eclectic #OOTD.
12. Mango Leopard Skirt ($60): Ah, yes. There are certain wardrobe workhorses we just can’t get enough of, and this leopard print skirt happens to be one of them. Leave your outfit doldrums behind by teaming this hero piece with a borrowed-from-the-boys button-down, backless mules and a streamlined bucket bag.
13. Zara Faux Fur Vamp Sandals ($60): Just think: Three months from now, everyone will be sporting fur-adorned heels like it’s NBD. Get in on this fast-fashion trend sooner than later by incorporating these black chunky-heeled sandals into your after-hours look. A leather mini skirt and oversized fisherman sweater are non-negotiable as you take on your fair share of date nights and GNOs.
14. J.Crew Floral Cascade Earrings ($68): Playing dress up never ends, especially when it comes to packing on the jewels. These pretty pink floral chandelier earrings are the secret to looking put-together even when you’re short on time. Toss ‘em on with a black jumpsuit, an Oxford shirt or even a sweatshirt for an Insta-fab look.
15. Zara Lace-Up Leather Ballet Flats ($70): Unfortunately, the Miu Miu ballerinas of your dreams don’t come cheap. Fortunately, you can snag these lace-up metallic ballet flats from Zara for a fraction of the price — cue the squeals from us budget-friendly gals who’d rather not live off ramen for a year. Not only will these plié-worthy beauties give you an excuse to pull out your favorite tulle skirt (#guilty), but they actually look pretty darn snazzy with cropped trousers for your nine-to-five.
16. Tyhlo Pilato Maxi Skirt ($118): Get ready to give Blair Eadie a run for her money in this swishy motif print skirt that will make you look (and feel) like a princess for the day. You can dress it down with a t-shirt for a mundane Monday or dress it up with a silk cami and gorgeous drop earrings for a red carpet-worthy gala. Either way, you’ll easily snag best-dressed status.
17. One by Stylekeepers Modern Vintage Top ($98): As you narrow down your shopping list of fall wardrobe essentials, a top that brings the drama shall not be overlooked. This editor-approved wrap top with cascading ruffles, voluminous sleeves and a chic bow will take you from sitting front row at fashion week (hey, it could happen!) to swapping cards with the CEO at your dream company. Round out your look with a signature Smythson notebook, leather pants and ankle strap steppers FTW.
18. Nike Court Dress in Carbon Heather ($150): Nike synonymous with high-fashion? Not in a million years. But actually. For a style that’s part athleisure, part normcore, look no further than this casual heather gray court dress that could double for the US Open, fashion week or an active Sunday. A high ponytail and athletic sneaks will have you channeling your inner sporty girl in no time.
19. Holding Horses Patched-Up Buttondown ($118): Why blend in with the masses when you can wear your personality on your sleeve? Or in this case, via rad patches on your shirt. Do your inner hippie proud by teaming this denim button-down with frayed flares and chunky ‘70s-esque clogs for a casual Friday or an upcoming road trip. It’ll serve as a reminder that you’ve got sunshine even on a cloudy day.
20. Madewell x Pintrill Pin Set ($30): Personalization is key when it comes to styling a totally one-of-a-kind getup that catches the attention of random passersby. Take your trusty denim jacket, tote or even the collar of your chambray shirt to the next level with this cheeky set of enamel pins that’s 100% you.
21. Free People Sparkler Wrap Mule ($148): Suede ankle booties, you have company. Run, don’t walk, to snatch up a pair of these stunning gray mules featuring a glittery block heel and unexpected lace-up detailing. Style ‘em with boyfriend jeans or an ethereal white dress this fall — your sartorial efforts won’t go unnoticed.
22. Drake’s for J.Crew Square Silk Scarf ($78): Can’t jet off to Paris Fashion Week, but will invest in a square silk scarf with Parisian flair. Skip the baubles by knotting this bad boy around your neck alongside some Breton stripes and a herringbone blazer, for a classic heritage look that will never steer you wrong.
23. The Fifth The Other Side Knit Dress ($89): Comfort is luxury, people! You won’t fall victim to cold and blustery temps this fall when you have a striped knit dress this toasty on standby. The bell sleeves and midi length are a shoo-in for upcoming #sweaterweather days and even trips to the pumpkin patch.
24. Nasty Gal Track Record Slit Skirt ($58): Don’t get so caught up in looking fly you forget about putting comfort first. Case in point: This side-slit track skirt featuring sporty stripes is the type of hero piece you can slip on alongside a white tee, a baseball cap and white tennies — and somehow still manage to look like you’re heading to a Yeezy presentation.
25. Madewell Denim Midi Skirt ($90): Oh, this old thing? Invest in this throwback button-front midi skirt and the outfits will practically start styling themselves. Seriously! Toss on a white t-shirt, a varsity bomber jacket and some lace-up ghillies for a look that would do any stylist proud.
26. Ro & De Elsie Mini Skirt ($138): In the midst of fleeting fast-fashion trends, you’re all about feminine pieces that can be tossed on with ease. This blush pink and gray striped skirt not only oozes French-girl sophistication, but it’s made to be paired with cozy marled knit sweaters and chunky-heeled pumps.
27. The Fifth Face to Face Playsuit ($110): Game face on: We’re low-key obsessed with this black playsuit that means business. Rock a “no pants, don’t care” look for a rooftop cocktail party or an art gallery opening downtown by teaming this come-hither statement piece with heeled ankle boots and just-woke-up-like-this tousled hair.
28. Free People Beach Bound Tall Gladiator ($130): Channel your inner boho goddess with these knee-high gladiators that would look DDG with drop-waist dresses, suede skirts and ruffled floral maxis this fall. All that’s missing is a felt fedora and suede fringed vest for a free-spirited look that slays around the clock.
What would you wear to fashion week? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.