We’ll use any excuse to scoop up a new dress or two, and while spring itself provides the perfect opportunity to start scouring the racks for pieces that are warm-weather-ready, there’s Easter to consider too. An LBD just comes off as blah and boring in the midst of egg hunts, bouquets of bright tulips and floral prints. A more seasonally appropriate style is so in order, but not any old spring pastel dress dress will do. If you’re a firm believer in making the most of your wardrobe, then a frock that can balance both work and play is a must. These 12 swoon-worthy dresses offer up the work-life balance you’re after, while setting up your spring style for success. The best part? Now you don’t have to worry about what to wear to the spring weddings cluttering up your calendar.
1. Show Me Your Mu Mu Tallulah Glamour Shot Dress ($100): A sequined smock for the books! Comfy and cute with a low-dipping back and short sleeves, this dress is the ideal dressy meets casual holiday hybrid.
2. Lulus Herbaceous Babe Navy Floral Print Shift Dress ($43): Arrive in spring style to brunch in this flower print get-up that will also get you through the workday. Lightweight material and long sleeves are the perf seasonal combo — just add a pair of cute mules and magenta lipstick for an extra pop of color.
3. Maeve Off-The-Shoulder Dress ($148): An A-Line cut and side pockets make this frock both festive and versatile. Pair with fringe earrings and anything from pumps to chucks for a winning look even the Easter Bunny will envy.
4. Forever 21 Contemporary Palm Leaf Dress ($25): Bring a tropical twist wherever you go when you slip into this woven palm leaf maxi dress. Easter-friendly and blazer-ready, what more could you really ask for?
5. Free People All I Got Printed Maxi Dress ($168): Twirl it up in a classic and seasonally fresh work and play crossover. Flowy and fierce floral FTW.
6. Ted Baker Illuminated Bloom Skater Dress ($259): A moody, watercolor-inspired flower pattern make this form-fitted frock profesh but ready to Easter party on down.
7. Cooperative Space Cowgirl Midi Dress ($89): Whether you’re hiding Easter eggs for the kiddos or having a work lunch, this festive red frock will get the job done — in perf spring style.
8. ASOS PREMIUM Pretty Floral Pink Skater Dress with Embroidery ($98): That lil’ Easter bunny will stop in her tracks when you’re spotted in a flowy lavender skater dress. Add costume stud earrings and white oxfords for good measure.
9. Wilfred Beaune Dress ($185): Chiffon conquers all when it comes to this wine-colored wrap dress. Wear a long necklace, a romantic pony tail and keep the makeup au natural.
10. J. Crew Pop-Stripe Dress ($158): You’ll be Easter brunch set in this gorgeously bright sheath silhouette number. Mix it up with texture-rich earrings (we’re thinking tassels all the way) and ankle wrap heels.
11. H&M Chiffon Dress ($15): From painting eggs to tackling your to-do list, this breezy butterfly sleeve dress will do right by your style every time. Throw in some bright ankle strap heels and coral lipstick for the perfect fusion of sophistication and fun.
12. ASOS City Midi Shirt Dress in Painted Stripe ($34): Packing all the polish of a classic button-down, but with way more panache, this shift dress is the ultimate work wardrobe essential. Painterly stripes in pretty pastels pair with metallic slides for a ready-to-fete feel right on time for all your Easter events. Styled with a burgundy blazer and pointed-toe loafers, #girlboss vibes rule supreme — dare we say you might be excited for the long weekend to come to an end?