Zoodles, noodles made from zucchini, are the vegetable garden’s answer to the carb-heavy pasta that most of us know and love. All you need is a spiralizer or even just a vegetable peeler to make long strands of the abundant, affordable veg that can sub for spaghetti, fettuccini, and even ramen noodles. Try one of these Brit + Co original recipes — and don’t be surprised the next time your pasta craving turns into a zoodle craving!
1. Zoodle Marinara: Trying out a new ingredient doesn’t have to be a huge undertaking. Start simple with a recipe you already know and love, then just swap the traditional ingredient (spaghetti) for something new (zoodles!).
2. Olive Garden-Inspired Spiralized Primavera Pasta: The Olive Garden introduced us to the glory of pasta primavera. If you’re craving a lightened-up pasta dish, adding more veggies is always the answer. Replace some of your spaghetti with spiralized zucchini for a gateway into zoodle cookery.
3. Almond Pesto Zoodles: Pesto’s basically a staple around here, so we’re always looking for new ways to serve it. Instead of pricey pine nuts, this recipe relies on almonds for a hint of nutty richness and zoodles to keep the meal from getting too heavy.
4. Colorful Zoodle Pad Thai: Colorful zoodle pad Thai is a fun dish to serve on warm nights when you’re craving lots of lightly cooked veggies. Add some peanuts for crunch, and you’re in business.
5. Stir-Fried Garlic Zoodles: If you’re hankering for a healthy meal on the fly, give stir-fried zucchini noodles a try. Simply season with garlic, soy sauce, and a touch of brown sugar, and serve as an entreé or a side.
6. Whole30 Chicken Zoodle Soup: If you’re following a particular diet, it can be a bummer to not be able to enjoy your favorite comfort foods. Zoodles are compliant with almost every major diet, and thanks to them you can have a warm and soothing bowl of soup whenever you please.
7. Creamy One-Pot Lemon Shrimp Zoodles: The tangy flavor of lemon is outstanding with both shrimp and zucchini. It makes sense that you’d pair them in this dish along with a creamy but not-too-heavy sauce that’ll make you want to lick your plate clean.
8. Vegan Pesto Zoodles: Traditional pesto made with Parmesan isn’t vegan. Simply swapping the dairy for cheesy-tasting nutritional yeast makes it so that any vegan diner can get their fix of this classic Italian recipe.
Craving even more healthy recipes? Follow us on Pinterest for more.
(Photos via Brit + Co)