Thanks to winter’s dry air, applying a deep-penetrating moisturizer has never been more important. But luckily there’s a more effective and preventative way to treat worn-out skin this season: hydrating face oils (AKA our secret weapon). Not only will these potions infuse much-needed moisture into your skin during the coldest of days, but they can also treat other complexion woes like reducing lines and wrinkles, all while giving you the glow you’re after. It’s no wonder searches for cleansing and face oils are on the rise, according to Pinterest. Scroll down for options to get on your radar in 2018.
1. La Mer The Renewal Oil ($130): First up, the crème de la crème of face oils. Yes, it has a hefty price tag, but celebrities like Kim K. and Jennifer Aniston swear by it to achieve glowing skin. The oil is made from a special formula that softens wrinkles and lines and firms everything up. If you’re after younger, brighter skin, you have to try this. Bonus: You only need a few drops per use, so the bottle lasts awhile.
2. Mario Badescu Rose Hips Nourishing Oil ($22): If you think your skin is too sensitive for face oil, you probably haven’t tried one with rose hips yet. Instead of causing oily buildup, this formula actually helps fade dark spots and scars. Plus you’ll get an infusion of vitamin C and fatty acids to help brighten up your complexion.
3. Shea Moisture Virgin Coconut Overnight Face Oil ($9): On a budget? You can still experience all the amazing benefits of a face oil without a hefty price tag. This lightweight coconut oil is an effortless addition to your beauty routine. Just put on a thin layer before you turn in at night and wake up with skin that’s soft and restored.
4. Milk Makeup Hydrating Oil Stick ($24): If you’ve ever wished your makeup would just go on easier in the morning, try using this handy oil stick before you apply your foundation. It even gives off a subtle shine, so you can finish off your look with a drop more for added radiance.
5. Dr. Dennis Gross Triple C Peptide Firming Oil ($62): This triple C peptide firming oil creates a barrier from environmental stressors like wind and harsh indoor heat. That means you’ll be protected from the elements from the moment you apply this buy. It’s also designed to firm and lift tired skin so it looks smoother over time.
6. Blue Mercury Osea Essential Hydrating Oil ($32): This winning combo of macadamia seed, jojoba, lavender, and rosewood brings major zen vibes. All those botanical oils contain anti-aging and super hydrating properties that will elevate your face in 2018. Plus it comes in easy-to-apply roller form so no more oily fingers FTW!
Looking for more skincare and beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.