9 Scenic Getaways for a Fall Babymoon
The babymoon is that special time when a soon-to-be mama and her S.O. take some time off, relax, and enjoy one last getaway together before baby finally arrives. Even though your babymoon daydreams might include a sun-soaked sandy beach, virgin coladas, and a skimpy maternity swimsuit, the summer season is waving buh-bye. It might just be time to embrace the fab fall weather — so check out the pure autumn awesomeness of these fall pre-birth trips.
1. Lancaster, Pennsylvania: Amish country has a slower pace, and that’s perfect for your pregnant self right now. Forget about bustling bars and bright lights: This babymoon trip will be all about you and your honey. Bonus — the fall foliage in central Pennsylvania can’t be beat.
2. Sedona, Arizona: If you’re not completely ready to let go of the warm weather, Sedona brings the heat. It’s also extraordinarily scenic and has a totally zen vibe (which is perfect for blissing out on your babymoon).
3. Shenandoah Valley, West Virginia: Like Pennsylvania, West Virginia is another East Coast option that has fall foliage in spades. While this trip may not meet more city-loving needs, outdoorsy mamas will enjoy the natural beauty of the area. Take a drive through the mountains, go camping (splurging on a cabin or borrowing an RV may be easier on your preggo body than a tent), or spend a weekend at a B&B.
4. Mammoth Lakes, California: The East Coast may have plenty of fall reds, oranges, and yellows, but it doesn’t have the foliage market cornered. With plenty of cabins, hotels, and condos to rent, you can sleep in complete comfort after a day packed with relaxation.
5. Berrien Springs, Michigan: This Midwest pick is filled with farmers’ markets and even has an arts and crafts show in the beginning of October. This babymoon is another rural getaway — giving you a break from work and the busy city.
6. Park City, Utah: Ski season may still be a few months away, but this world-class vacation spot still has plenty to offer a babymooning couple during the fall. Park City combines the best of the outdoors with total luxury: Spend time strolling from art gallery to art gallery, catch some scenic viewing, or get pampered at one of the many spas.
7. Boston, Massachusetts: Pregnancy doesn’t exclude you from urban adventures. Mamas-to-be who just can’t stand to look at another autumn leaf can enjoy fine dining (hey, you are eating for two), museums, and all kinds of culture. And if you still want to squeeze in some fall foliage, you can check out the sights on the way out of the city.
8. Detroit, Oregon: The West Coast version of Detroit is a far cry from the Midwestern city. If you’re ready to commune with nature during your last trimester of pregnancy, this is a great place to do it. Renew, relax, and revisit your romantic selves in this scenic setting.
9. Catskills, New York: The views, the leaves, the restaurants, the fall fun! This New York region has plenty of fall festivals and other autumn events. If the baby has you craving garlic, you definitely won’t want to miss the late September Hudson Valley Garlic Festival (September 29 and 30 in 2018).
What’s your favorite babymoon destination? Share your pick with us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)