We all know that cardigans are cozy, but they don’t have to be big and bulky to get the job done. Just take a glance at our list of 30 button-downs. These aren’t your grandpa’s cardigans—they’re chic, classy, and absolutely perfect for the upcoming season.
1. Alsace Cardi ($128): We’ll kick things off with what might be the most beautiful fall knit. We’re dazzled by the embroidery on this cotton and cashmere cardi.
2. Cardigan in Angora Mix ($132): Besides looking oh so cozy, this white cardigan is a versatile wardrobe staple. Big black buttons dress up this wooly piece just enough.
4. Flickered Cocoon Cardigan ($88): What a gorgeously speckled cardigan. A unique, quasi-racerback cut will give your elbows some breathing room.
6. Purity Cardigan with Faux Leather Detail ($169): The front of this faux leather cardigan drapes like a dream. It’s a great fall weather substitution for a heavy leather jacket.
7. Ruffled Cetara Wrap ($88): We don’t condone wearing your pjs anywhere but the bedroom, but this robe-like cardigan is perfect for those days when you need some extra comfort. :)
8. Dip Dye Fluffy Kimono Cardigan ($66): A loose knit finish and sunset color scheme make this cardigan perfect for lazy days. These harvest colors are perfect for the season.
9. Sheepskin Cardigan ($69): Of all the faux furs, sheepskin seems to be underrepresented and we’re not sure why since it’s pretty darn chic. How could you not feel a bit Jackie O. in this retro cut cardi?
10. Gentle Fawn Poncho Sweater ($148): We love how tribal pattern can take on a light and airy feel in a pastel color palette. Ponchos should fit a bit loose, so consider buying a size up.
11. Longline Cardigan ($43): Wrap yourself up in this long and flowy cardigan. This oxblood color is totally on trend for fall.
12. Sweaterknit Moto Zip Up ($128): We are all about this moto-style cardigan. That chunky collar is sure to get you compliments whether you’re out to dinner or running errands.
13. Shawl Cardigan ($595): Forget your scarf at home? No problem! This splurge is a shawl and sweater all in one.
14. Cashmere Cardigan in Wide Stripe ($268): Whether you choose hunter green or blush pink, this classic cardigan will soon become a layering staple. Not to mention it’s made of specially picked Italian cashmere. Swoon!
15. Jacquard-Knit Cardigan ($35): Want the structure of a jacket with the comfort of a cardigan? Then this piece is for you! We love the slightly cropped, vintage-style hemline mixed with a modern geometric pattern.
16. Poet Sleeve Cardigan ($70): How do I love thee, cardigan? Let me count the ways. Of the handful of reasons, we especially adore the blouson sleeves and jewel tone hue.
17. Rib Open Cardigan ($355): We’re gushing over the capelet collar on this cardigan. Ribbed detailing and a soft camel tan make it ultra modern.
18. Colorblocked Cardigan ($18): Cream and mint color blocks give this cardigan a fresh look. A linen blend keeps it lightweight so it’s perfect to pack up in case of a breezy encounter.
19. Patchprint Cardigan ($168): A hodgepodge of patterns expertly compliment each other on this cardigan. This multi-colored button down is a real standout piece.
20. Open Cardigan ($144): We’re loving this cardigan’s relaxed take on a blazer. Pair it with slipper flats to get the ultimate luxe look.
22. Quincy Back To You Cardigan ($128): Once you glance at the back of this long cardigan, you won’t be able to tear your eyes away. From beautiful crochet shapes to its delicately embroidered shoulders, this piece is a true stunner.
23. Two-Toned Zip Cardigan ($138): We’re digging the sporty vibe of this two-toned cardigan. The front zipper is a fun surprise!
24. Perimeter Cardigan ($128): Party in the front, business in the back? A wild fringe collar makes this chunky cardigan super playful, while the reverse is more subdued.
25. Southwestern Striped Cardigan ($30): Are you a sucker for southwestern patterns? Be one with the desert in this cool striped cardigan.
26. Merino Colorblock Cardigan ($90): We couldn’t resist putting another color block sweater on our list! This modern pattern would look great with classic cut blue jeans.
27. Spike Striped Cardigan ($148): Pay homage to the zebra print trend in this classy striped cardigan. A beautiful stitch pattern makes this cardi stand out from the rest.
28. Metallic Jacquard Cardigan ($80): This frosty take on a bomber jacket is totally runway worthy. Throw this shimmery cardigan over a black maxi for maximum color contrast.
29. Sequined Cardigan ($30): Remember when we said it doesn’t have to be New Year’s Eve to wear sequins? We stand by that statement with this glittery cardigan. Can’t we live in a world with year-round sparkles? ;)
30. Leather Front Merino Cardigan ($228): We love that this “nerdy” staple got a rock and roll makeover. While this cardi may look tough enough for a T-Bird, its leather panels are heavenly soft.
Which beautiful cardigan would you add to your closet this fall? Let us know in the comments below!