5 Haircuts Celebs Are Obsessing Over This Fall
After a summer filled with salt, sand, and surf, it might be time to snip off those strands and treat yourself to a healthy, on-trend upgrade. If you’re in need of fierce fall inspo before heading to the salon, take a cue from celebs’ recent, red carpet-ready ‘dos. Keep scrolling to see five A-list haircuts that are heating up the scene as the temps are cooling down.
1. Bouncy Bob: A bouncy bob has all the shine, shape, and lift needed to make a stand-out look. Vanessa Hudgen’s hairstylist Chad Wood wanted to bring a ’90s vibe to her mane, saying, “I think celebrities are living for short, volumized bobs this fall. They are loving playing with the texture and having the freedom of a short cut.” He explains that the key to achieving the boosted style is adding a ton of volume as you blow dry: “Blow dry the hair, taking all sections away from the face to get extra lift.”
2. Above-the-Shoulder Layers: Here’s a little longer ‘do that’s poised to be popular this season. “This cut is feminine, easy-to-wear, has some length to it, and adds youthfulness and beauty with an effortless feeling,” says celeb stylist Nick Arrojo. “With layers dancing all around the face — the cheekbones, chin, lips, eyes — the cut helps to create a soft, face-framing shape while keeping its weight and structure through the back.” Plus, Selena Gomez approves — need we say more?
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on
3. Blunt Cut: Kim Kardashian helped put the ultra-chic blunt look on the map earlier this year, embracing its straight-as-a-board, defined, shiny look. While other styles this length can get their style from volume and bounce, the modern ‘do is all about being as sleek as possible. “The classic one-length, blunt bob with a center part is sophisticated and polished,” Arrojo tells us. “The hair is cut without any layers or graduation to retain a strong and solid outline and a bold, dramatic shape.”
4. Textured Lob: Add some definition with a versatile, mid-length snip like Olivia Munn. Its messy-pretty vibe means you can work with the natural bends and curves of your locks, or add a touch of shape with a hot tool. “Wrap sections of hair around a 1.25-inch curling iron,” says Xavier Velasquez of Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon. “The key for this tousled look is to wrap inconsistently for texture and movement.” This cut was made for you if you were born with wavy strands — embrace your tresses’ natural form and rock it with full confidence.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Joan Smalls (@joansmalls) on
5. Lengthy and Uniform: While some snips are all about layers, this one is focused on being long and straight. “It’s easy to wear and great for those that love to keep their hair long and full,” Arrojo says. “The layers are only in the front, which help draw attention to the facial features while the length maintains a strong, feminine feel.” Beyond being an on-trend ‘do, the cut is versatile, so plenty of experimentation is in your future. Adding in a couple twirls with a hot tool can add an elevated vibe, and don’t forget about the high-pony possibilities!
Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo!