Everyone knows that festival fashion has no limits. The more outrageous and potentially WTF-worthy, the better. But what happens when your go-to suede bolo necklace or DIY flower crown (major snooze) has seen better days? With festival season fast approaching, we’re already taking guesses as to what *could* be the next big accessory trend to take Coachella and Bonnaroo by storm. While we haven’t seen the end of chokers yet (not by a long shot), it’s only a matter of time before ‘90s-esque anklets earn a coveted spot in your festival-going wardrobe. Keep on scrolling for eight trend-right anklets that are guaranteed to bring out your inner bohemian goddess this season.
1. Rebecca Minkoff Savanna Pom-Pom Anklet ($68): Poms or no poms? That’s not even a question. Proceed to team this cheerful anklet with a vintage rocker tee, cropped linen trousers, and double-strap leather sandals FTW.
2. Rosantica Hawaii Straw and Gold-Tone Anklet ($215): Festival flair or BUST. Who needs the fill-in-the-blank sandals of the season when your Hawaiian-inspired straw anklet (cheeky charms included) packs this much punch. Pair with a flouncy white off-the-shoulder dress and flash tats for back-to-back Coachella weekends.
3. Haati Chai Florence Anklet ($120): Less is so much more when your primary piece de resistance carries this much understated swagger. Who says dainty and delicate has to equate to boring anyway? Cue the Grecian vibes with a tassel-strawn maxi dress and woven huaraches or let the Swarovski crystals work their magic with a floral silk kimono and high-waisted mom shorts.
4. Urban Outfitters Delicate Butterfly Anklet ($16): There’s nothing overly “trying too hard” or fussy about this delicate butterfly charm anklet that even non-festival goers will flock to. Play up your inner sk8ter girl with black raw hem jeans and retro sneaks before giving way to your hippie roots with a white eyelet dress and mirrored sunnies. Let the good times roll.
5. Free People Dakoro Chain Anklet ($28): Undeniably chic without effort looks a little somethin’ somethin’ like this. Channel those summatime vibes STAT with this chain link anklet featuring glistening opal stones. You already know an easy-breezy romper, Birks, and a cool fedora are in order.
6. BaubleBar Tanya Anklet ($22): Bare ankles, begone! Dive right in with this luxe layered anklet that’s guaranteed to elevate your lineup of festival-going looks. The mix of tassels and chains won’t be flying under the radar anytime soon. We promise you that.
7. Forever 21 Self-Tie Pom-Pom Anklet Set ($10): Oh-em-GEE, girl! You didn’t think you’d survive the upcoming festival circuit without a playful pom-pom anklet, did you? Going barefoot in the grass in an Alexa Chung-esque overall dress has never looked so dang good.
8. Catbird Sweet Nothing Anklet ($124): Ah, we heart it. (And it’s not just because we’re partial to a pair of worn-in Chuck Taylors.) Give T-Swift a run for her money by styling this sweet, barely there ankle bracelet with a sunflower dress and espadrilles. Or dial up the drama with a souvenir jacket and don’t-mess-around flatforms.
Will you be rocking a boho-chic anklet this festival season? Follow us on Pinterest for more upcoming festival style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.