Find Out What’s In Kristin Cavallari’s Homemade Beauty Scrub + 7 More Celeb DIYs
When you think ‘DIY,’ sometimes it’s easy to become daunted by the tasks you’re about to face: Big projects, like Vanessa Lachey’s garage renovation (which has her super geeked, BTdubs), for example, might be enough to send some running for the hills. Yet you don’t have to create something massive to create. Sometimes, it’s as simple as an uplifting sketch, as OITNB star Taryn Manning proved with her message of forgiveness. Other times, it’s as easy as sharing some homemade (Halloween) cookies with your family, a la Katie Holmes and Jodie Sweetin. Whether big or small, your DIY is all about you and taking some time for yourself, like Naomi Watts, who celebrated her victory in puzzle-assembly. Need more inspo? Check out the eight best celeb creations of the week below!
1. Taryn Manning: Though a blurry video makes it hard to see what it is that Taryn’s drawing, but the comments quickly reveal that her sketch reads “YES love.” Gauging by those strokes, she seems to know her way around a piece of paper, so we can only imagine it turned out pretty good.
2. Sofia Vergara: Sofia shared this caricature of herself with only a beaming smile emoji to match the picture’s grin as her caption.
3. Katie Holmes: Katie Holmes was all fuschia and glitter after a particularly rousing hand-painting session. “Never be afraid to get your hands dirty,” she advises. We couldn’t agree more, Katie!
4. Katie Holmes: Katie pulled double DIY duty this week, also whipping up some cookies for Suri’s first days back at school. “#backtoschool #homemadetreats Hope they turn out,” Katie wrote with a smile.
5. Naomi Watts: Naomi took some time out to enjoy the simple things in life this week, completing a puzzle with friends. “Voila!” she wrote. “A victory dance is happening. Massive joint effort brought to the finish today by @pipesg. Hand-painted wooden puzzle.”
6. Jodie Sweetin: Katie wasn’t the only one baking cookies this week: Fuller House star Jodie Sweetin also took to the over, though her goods were a little further along. “Mmm! Homemade, from scratch, chocolate and white chocolate chip cookies!! Yay!! Can’t wait to have a “cookies and milk” party with @justinhodak_ and the girls! #Yum #momlife #donttellmytrainerwhatiate.” It’s our little secret, Jodie.
7. Vanessa Lachey: Vanessa got started on a rather big project this week: renovating the garage. She was definitely up for the task, however, writing “#DemoDay! Years of dreaming, months of planning and it’s finally here! Renovations officially begin! Woohoo! And apparently there’s “no parking” in our new kitchen!”
8. Kristin Cavallari: Kristin showed us all how to DIY a beauty scrub using ¼ finely ground coffee beans, two tablespoons of cocoa powder and either almond or coconut milk (start with three tablespoons and keep adding if you need more,” she advises).
What’s in your favorite beauty scrub? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)