15 Delicious Smoothies Beyoncé Would Approve of
When the temperatures skyrocket come summertime, warm breakfast bowls lose their appeal as your go-to morning meal. That’s why a morning smoothie is a great blend-and-go breakfast. The plant-based smoothies on this list are an ideal way to get all of your vitamins and minerals before you’ve had that 9AM work meeting. And to save even more time in the morning, wash and prep your smoothie ingredients the night before so all you have to do is pop everything into your blender, pour it into your reusable cup and go! Check out these 15 vegan smoothies — some with five ingredients or less — that will be part of your (and Beyoncé’s) new daily routine.
1. Pink Sunrise Breakfast Smoothie: Root veggies make a special appearance in this brightly hued drink. Carrots and beets add a natural glow while frozen berries add a nice frosty sweetness. (via Cafe Johnsonia)
3. Salted Caramel Cashew Cacao Chunk Smoothie: It’s never a bad day when your breakfast tastes like dessert. Don’t worry about a sugar crash, though. Caramel-tasting Medjool dates and frozen bananas give this smoothie a natural, mellow sweetness. (via Veggies Don’t Bite)
5. Avocado Pineapple Banana Smoothie: Time to get tropical and blend fresh pineapple chunks into your smoothie for a taste that’s piña colada inspired. The avocado adds a nice dose of healthy fats to keep you satisfied all morning long. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
6. Stomach Cleanser Smoothie: Some days you wake up a tiny bit hungover and your stomach feels like it’s doing somersaults. This simple five-ingredient smoothie is loaded with tummy tamers like ginger and mint, so you can feel better fast. (via The Vedge)
8. Vegan Orange Julius Smoothie: Packed with fresh orange juice, this cup of sunshine will start your day off right with a delicious blend of almond milk, orange zest and bananas. (via Domesticate Me)
9. Raspberry Cheesecake Smoothie: Cashews turn this fruit-blended smoothie into cheesecake. Sub in blueberries, strawberries or blackberries for the raspberries, or whatever you have on hand. (via Mind Body Green)
10. Toasted Coconut Coffee Smoothie: Prep this guy the night before by freezing the coffee in your ice cube tray so you’re ready to go in the morning for a delicious caffeinated buzz. Toasted coconut flakes and coconut milk make this drink extra creamy. (via Kitchen Treaty)
12. Green Warrior Protein Smoothie: This green goddess drink packs a whopping 17 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber into one smoothie. How? The leafy kale and hulled hemp seeds. (via Oh She Glows)
13. Golden Wellness Smoothie: Turmeric powder is the powerhouse in this bright gold drink. Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is naturally full of iron and vitamin B6. Peel and freeze orange segments to toss into this smoothie for fresh frozen OJ. (via Happy Healthy Life)
14. Black Forest Smoothie: You’d never guess that this cake-inspired smoothie is full of spinach, but the green leafy veggie is all up in this sipper. Nutrient-rich chia seeds and rolled oats help create the “batter” in this dessert. (via Running With Spoons)
15. Peach Melba Sunrise Smoothie: This colorful pink and orange smoothie just looks like summer in a cup. Fresh peaches, orange juice and strawberries make this a simple summertime sipper we would love to wake up to. (via Wallflower Girl)
What’s your favorite fruit or veggie combo to blend into your smoothies? Tell us in the comments!