Sadly, we can’t all be French. We can, however, steal their world-renowned beauty secrets for effortlessly chic laissez-faire hair. Allow us to introduce you to dry shampoo, AKA the beauty product chic women who have mastered second-day hair swear by and the go-to item you can rely on to get you through this holiday season in one piece. Whether it’s the stress of travel, hosting family in your home or just being busy up the wazoo (guilty!), holiday season typically means we have less time to relax and primp, let alone coif our manes to fashion gal perfection. Consider choosing from one of these eight French girl-approved dry shampoos to get you through the holiday rush (because who has time to shampoo every day?), and say hello to your hair’s new best friend.
1. French Girl Organics Jasmin Vert Dry Shampoo ($33): Everything you need to know about this dry shampoo is in its name, which combines two of our very favorite things when it comes to beauty: organic ingredients and French-girl savoir-faire. This top-rated formula comes in deliciously scented flavors to suit your hair-related mood, from a sensual dark rose for date night to the refreshing scent of green jasmine during the day.
2. David Mallett Volume Powder ($40): This allergen-free volumizing bad boy is the long kept secret of French women and their full-bodied, minimally treated tresses. The award-winning formula is a beauty blogger favorite, using a derivative of bamboo to bring your hair some height and structure long into the day. Longer-lasting ‘do and some volume in a bottle? Count us in.
3. eSalon Without a Trace Dry Shampoo ($15): This dry shampoo is lightweight and fabulous, going on invisibly and leaving no residue. It gets the job done in true minimalist style, which is perfect for first-timers and hair purists alike.
4. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo ($22): This dry shampoo wins the award for the prettiest bottle for sure. It won’t just leave your bathroom shelves looking extra-cute, though — it’s a tried-and-true dry shampoo that’ll leave you looking and feeling like a rockstar.
5. Batiste Blush Floral & Flirty Dry Shampoo ($6): Two words: cult. favorite. All we’re sayin’ is that products like these don’t just become superstars overnight, and this dry shampoo won’t break the bank or leave you disappointed.
6. Elizabeth & James Nirvana White Dry Shampoo ($28): You need this product STAT if count yourself among scent-obsessed French beauty fanatics who value subtlety. Not only will you be one step closer to our lifelong heroines, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, but its perfumed formula tops the list for best-smelling products for your hair. You won’t regret skipping a time-consuming blowout when you’re sitting pretty in this scent-tastic hair winner.
7. Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones ($26): If you’ve ever used a Moroccanoil product in your hair, you already know it leaves your hair silky and shiny for days. This dry shampoo’s special feature also allows it to go on invisibly (even for raven-haired ladies) without leaving any visible powdery residue in sight when you style your continental shag or second-day style this season.
8. Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo With Oat Milk ($20): Thanks to its nourishing oat milk formula, Klorane rocks for those of us whose hair and scalp are as sensitive as our skin. It also happens to be a go-to product for laid-back beauty icons that want to keep their tresses looking full and fabulous at all times.
What dry shampoos have you already tried? Let us know on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.