13 Pics of Frozen Hot Chocolate to Inspire Your Sweet Tooth
If you’re craving hot chocolate recipes (don’t worry; you’re not alone), you’ll be happy to hear that there’s a fresh, new take on the beverage. And it’s all over Instagram, in fact. We’re not talking about spiked hot chocolate recipes — we’re talking about FROZEN hot chocolate. This delicious concoction is the latest way to sip on cocoa, and we’re not sad about it. Frozen hot chocolate is frozen (obviously), filled with chocolatey goodness and often topped with whipped cream, sprinkles, cookies and all other manner of delicious treats. But you’ll see what we mean. Here are 13 of our favorite frozen hot chocolate ideas, pulled straight from Instagram.
1. Milkshake or Cocoa?: Sure, at first glance, these *kinda* look like milkshakes. In fact, that’s essentially what frozen hot chocolate is. Top it with whipped cream and chocolate syrup and you’ve got a kid-friendly concoction that young ‘uns and adults alike will love.
2. Sprinkles and Cocoa: Put your frozen hot chocolate in a mason jar and line the rim with sprinkles for an adorable and delicious effect. Bonus points for a cute straw and whipped cream on top.
3. Frozen Hot Chocolate for Two: It’d be hard to eat this bad boy all by yourself, but we’d be happy to give it a try. If all else fails, split this decadent frozen hot chocolate with someone special.
4. Gingerbread Hot Chocolate: How adorable are these cute little gingerbread cookies? Gingerbread may be synonymous with Christmastime, but we think these are totally fine to eat at any time of year. We also love the idea of serving your frozen hot chocolate in old-fashioned milk bottles.
5. Peppermint Ice Cream Cocoa: This hot chocolate recipe is topped with peppermint ice cream, making this concoction totally perfect. The chocolate itself is hot (can you tell by the glass?), but the addition of ice cream qualifies it as frozen hot chocolate in our book.
6. Outrageously Chocolatey: Piled high with whipped cream and topped with shaved milk chocolate, this treat is one for the books. We dare you to eat the whole thing.
7. Lighten Up: This healthier version of frozen hot chocolate involves lightened-up ingredients, including fresh mint in lieu of something like peppermint ice cream. Use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate for an antioxidant bonus.
8. Fourth Time’s the Charm: These hot cocoa drinks are topped with whipped cream and served as an after-school treat for hungry kids. Bonus points for the adorable red-swirl straws.
9. Stacked Frozen Hot Chocolate: This truly is a meal in a glass. This frozen hot chocolate is topped with brownies and snowman-shaped marshmallows, making for a super cute (and SUPER filling) iteration of cocoa.
10. Peppermint 2.0: Here’s another mouthwatering pic of peppermint hot chocolate for you. Only this time, chocolate sauce is literally dripping down the sides of the glass. Talk about a sweet treat.
11. Topped With Marshmallows: Instead of whipped cream, why not top your hot cocoa with marshmallows? Or, like some of these glasses, spring for chocolate-infused whipped cream AND marshmallows for extra flavor.
12. Super Chill: Here’s a pro tip: For a truly refreshing frozen hot chocolate, be sure to chill your glass prior to serving. Case in point: This AMAZING-looking frozen hot cocoa.
13. Classic Frozen Hot Chocolate: We thought we’d close with a classic frozen hot cocoa. This timeless drink is perfect for enjoying any time of year — and it’s a pretty fun way to drink cocoa, as far as we’re concerned.
Follow us on Pinterest for more drink ideas, from cocktails to cocoa.