Step Up Your Gift Giving Game With These Gingerbread Men Gift Tags
Spread some joy and laughs this holiday season with our totally baked gingerbread gift tags. The cute little dudes are the result of our partnership with Hallmark Gold Crown for some extra fun this season. Not to mention, the gingerbread gift tags are the perfect way to step up your gift-giving game. Check out the video to see how it’s done.
Want more details on how to craft these tasty yet functional cookies? Scroll on to get the full scoop.
Gingerbread Gift Tags
Ingredients + Materials:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cookie frosting
- bakers twine
- drinking straw
- letter stamps
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add molasses, egg and vanilla, and gradually beat in flour mixture until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to roll out your dough, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Flour a surface and roll out the dough evenly to about ¼ inch.
- Use a cookie cutter to make your shapes, then imprint your words of choice and use the straw to cut a hole for the string.
- Move your gingerbread tags to a cookie sheet and space them evenly. Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Use the cookie frosting to decorate and add embellishments to the gingerbread people.
- Find colorful and fun ribbon to tie your gingerbread gift tag onto your presents.
Collect your ingredients. Sugar, spice and everything nice!
First, mix together most of your dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add molasses, egg and vanilla, and gradually beat in flour mixture until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours.
Once your dough has hardened, pull it out of the fridge and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Flour a clean surface and roll out the dough evenly to about ¼ inch. Use a cookie cutter to make your gingerbread people, then imprint your words of choice. Use a straw to punch a small hole at the top — this is how you’ll string these tasty tags onto your gifts!
Bake the gingerbread tags on a cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes, and then, let cool on a rack. Once cool to the touch, add embellishments to your gift tags with the cookie frosting.
Thread ribbon or baker’s twine through the hole and attach to your gifts, like these So Baked Gingerbread Man Toe of a Kind Sock. Look how cute they are!
These little guys take these gifts to the next level. Not to mention that the gift wrap and accessories (also from Hallmark Gold Crown) are on point!
These tags are such a delight — they really add a little extra fun to this season’s gift giving.
Want more DIY gift-giving inspo? Check out our Pinterest page for our favorite seasonal ideas.
Video: Caroline Hetzel, Katie Booker + Michael Sullivan
Production + Styling: Caroline Hetzel
Photography: Chris Andre