16 Gluten-Free and Paleo Easter Brunch Recipe Ideas Everyone Will Love
Holiday entertaining doesn’t have to be a pain when it comes to special diets. Nowadays there are plenty of delicious options out there that everyone can safely enjoy stuffing their faces with. These 16 naturally gluten-free (and sometimes paleo) recipes are perfect for Easter brunch and beyond. Whether you avoid the tricky protein 100% of the time or not, there’s a recipe here to satisfy every palate. No specialty stocked pantry required!
2. Honeyed Millet, Puffed Rice and Almond Breakfast Cereal (Gluten-Free): Make this elegant, whole-grain cereal ahead of time, and all you’ll have to do in the morning is wash up a selection of fruit to serve alongside. (via Bibby’s Kitchen at 36)
4. Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Waffles (Gluten-Free, Vegan): A smattering of chocolate chips makes these waffles taste totally indulgent. Plus, their flavor enhances the nuttiness of buckwheat flour beautifully. (via Oh, Ladycakes)
5. Red Flannel Hash (Paleo): Yucca, beets and a melange of your fave paleo-friendly veggies team up with tender beef to create this hearty hash that’ll keep hunger at bay for hours. (via Tasty Ever After)
6. Super Moist Kohlrabi and Blackberry Loaf (Gluten-Free, Low-Carb): Who knew kohlrabi was so versatile? The shredded root does a beautiful job of adding moisture and an unexpectedly sweet flavor — not unlike applesauce — to this blackberry-studded loaf. (via Sonja’s Omnoms)
7. One-Pan Crispy Bacon and Roasted Asparagus With Baked Eggs (Paleo): Getting a balanced selection of veggies, eggs and bacon on the table has never been easier. You can even make these up as individual portions by using ramekins or an assortment of petite casserole dishes. (via Simple Bites)
8. Eggs Benedict Cumberbatch (Gluten-Free): Using a tube of pre-cooked polenta (find it at shops like Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods or even your usual grocer) makes these handsome Benedicts a breeze to prepare, and naturally gluten-free to boot. Feel free to dribble a little hollandaise over top for extra indulgence. (via My Name is Yeh)
9. Brussels Sprouts Hash: Bacon and Brussels sprouts are always a choice coupling. Here, the addition of a runny-yolked egg on top transforms them from a simple side dish to a splendid, square meal to start the day. (via Feasting at Home)
10. Butternut Squash Breakfast Sausage (Paleo): Made with ground turkey, butternut squash, apples, thyme and just a touch of bacon, this homemade breakfast sausage is sure to delight. (via Real Food With Dana)
11. Breakfast Quesadillas (Paleo): Spinach-laced scrambled eggs are nestled inside delightfully pliable homemade flaxseed wraps, but it doesn’t stop there. A dollop of smashed avocado and harissa on top make these quesadillas worthy of holiday brunching. (via Peachy Palate)
12. PB + J Grain-Free Breakfast Cake (Gluten-Free): You only need seven ingredients — including the mashed blackberry “jam” and peanut butter topping — to whip up this totally breakfast-worthy, grain-free cake. (via Yeah… Imma Eat That)
13. Courgette Fries With Perfect Dippy Eggs (Gluten-Free, Low-Carb): Fries for breakfast? Yes, please. These parmesan-crusted zucchini fries pair splendidly with soft-boiled eggs; it’s fancy finger food at its finest. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
14. Oat Crepes With Tomatoes, Basil and Goat Cheese (Gluten-Free): These delicious oat flour crepes work equally well in both savory and sweet applications. Enjoy them with tangy goat cheese and tomatoes, or fill them up with fruit, whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. (P.S. Gluten-free certified oats may be necessary, depending on sensitivities to the protein.) (via Naturally Ella)
16. Smoked Salmon Benedict (Gluten-Free): Creamy-crisp, pan-roasted fingerling potatoes form the base on which smoked salmon, poached eggs and a foolproof blender hollandaise rest. You might be shocked by just how quickly this sumptuous Benedict comes together. (via Army Wife to Suburban Life)
What are your strategies for navigating dietary restrictions when entertaining? Share your tips with us in the comments!