We’re always on the hunt for quick breakfast recipes, so we can get fueled up before starting our day. Make-ahead meals are great when you have time on the weekend, but when it comes to fast, healthy meals, nothing can beat a smoothie. These 15 golden smoothie recipes, rich with vitamins and nutrients that will make you glow like the summer sun, are the quick and tasty breakfast you’ve been looking for.
1. Orange Carrot Basil Smoothie: This slightly savory smoothie is perfect for people who don’t like starting their morning with sweets. It’s made with a whole carrot, a whole orange, basil, and coconut milk for a creamy orange drink. (via Jar of Lemons)
3. Peach Cobbler Protein Shake: It tastes like dessert, but this smoothie is loaded with substance. A scoop of vanilla protein powder makes it a suitable meal on the hottest days of summer. (via Jennifer Meyering)
4. Fruity Orange Pepper Smoothie: It’s always a good idea to add veggies to your smoothies. Sweet orange peppers boost flavor, nutrients, and an irresistibly sunny color to your drink. (via Harriet Emily)
5. Orange Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie: If you’re bored with your usual smoothie recipes, check your spice cupboard. A drop of vanilla or sprinkle of cinnamon can bring a whole new flavor profile to your go-to drinks. (via Rhubarbarians)
6. Carrot, Strawberry, and Orange Smoothie: There’s a secret ingredient in this blend of strawberries and orange juice. Carrots add bright color and a subtle, earthy sweetness to round out their flavors for a satisfying smoothie. (via Happy and Harried)
7. Cardamom Mango Drink: Treat yo’self this summer to a drink that’s really special. Made from mango and coconut, this smoothie is flavored with cardamom, rose water, rose petals, and saffron. (via Splash of Flavours)
8. Piña Colada Smoothie Bowl: Make your smoothie more substantial by serving it in a bowl with plenty of healthy toppings. Frozen bananas and toasted coconut flakes crown this creamy piña colada smoothie that you slurp with a spoon. (via Wild Wild Whisk)
11. Lemon Coconut Smoothie: Get the best of creamy and fruity smoothies with this drink. Citrusy lemon adds a serious kick to coconut milk and yogurt, while a little honey sweetens and rounds out the flavors. (via A Daily Smoothie)
12. Pineapple Coconut Protein Smoothie: Think of this as a healthy, non-alcoholic version of a piña colada. Add in some vanilla protein powder to keep you full until your next meal time. (via Is This Really My Life)
14. Pineapple Orange Creamsicle Smoothie: Just like the ice pops you loved as a kid, these smoothies are a creamy citrus treat to get you through the hottest days. But these have a surprising ingredient that boosts the protein of your drink — ricotta cheese — so it’s as nutritious as it is delicious. (via Vintage Kitty)
15. Golden Milk Frappucino: A vegan shake made with fresh turmeric and spices is bound to wake you up in the mornings. Best of all, it’s sweetened with dates, so you won’t have the sugar crash that comes from those coffee house drinks. (via A Saucy Kitchen)
For more healthy breakfast ideas, follow us on Pinterest.