9 Ways to Get the Best Skin in 2017
Of all the New Year’s resolutions you’re pondering — finding a new workout, getting a healthier attitude, vowing to make vegan smoothies a staple — this one may be the easiest to do: Reboot your skin routine. It’s simple because it only requires a one-time revamp of your products and practices and — boom — you’re on your way to better skincare. And it’s timely too, since colder weather makes your skin easily irritated and dull. To make this a total no-brainer, we took out all the hard work and found the newest cleansers and creams that will turn your complexion from looking winter-weary drab to wowza. Scroll down and make this resolution the one that you stick with all year.
1. Perricone MD Pre:Empt Series Refreshing Shower Mask ($50): Wasting time in the shower is so 2016 — that’s why this genius mask is perf for ushering in the new year. Put it on when your shower heats up because it works best with the steam. The refreshing antioxidant, turmeric-based gel locks onto skin even while you shower and gives you soft, supple looking skin after.
2. Clinique Pep-Start Hydrorush Moisturizer SPF 20 ($30): The issue with many SPF moisturizers is that they don’t moisturize enough or they leave a really thick, greasy coating on your skin. Not so with this sunny jar: The lightweight formula delivers a broad spectrum SPF that protects and plumps skin with moisture all day, and creates a smooth, grease-free surface that works brilliantly as a primer under foundation or powder.
3. Kopari Coconut Sheer Oil ($44): Oils have been a beauty bag staple for a while now, so it’s not surprising that newer, better versions of the classic are making their debut. Make the switch to this one, made with coconut, shea butter and coffee and cranberry extracts (both known for being high in antioxidants). It’s totally organic and goes on dry, but also gives ultra moisture to protect, repair and improve elasticity in your skin.
4. PCA Skin Dual Action Redness Relief ($115): Got red year after year? Sure, that green color corrector helps, but vow to make 2017 the year of an even skin tone. The technologically advanced ceramide cream delivers innovative ingredients like bisabolol (from chamomile) and sulfur derivatives deep into the skin’s layers, soothing away ruddiness and inflammation.
5. Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash With Shea Butter ($4): Looking to save time in the new year? Skip the post-shower moisturizing. Thanks to an update to this popular wash, you can. The new formula has pro-glycerin, a natural moisturizer from sunflowers, that goes beneath the skin’s surface to deeply moisturize (instead of coating the skin), so skin feels healthier and smoother the moment you dry off.
6. Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve ($34): Cracked skin is a winter weather problem, and as you head into the season, adding in a rich balm should definitely be a must. This all-natural one, made with a honey full of potent antioxidants from bees that feast on echinacea flowers, will soothe and hydrate stressed winter skin.
7. Shiseido Cleansing Massage Brush ($25): Boosting your daily cleanser with a massaging brush can rev-up microcirculation, which will improve radiance and skin tone — just what you need now. While there are way fancier versions of whirly, self-massaging brushes out there, a low-tech version can be just as good, given you use a little muscle. This one has silky-soft bristles anchored by silicone that allow them to bend and move easily across your face.
8. Herbivore Moon Fruit Superfruit Night Treatment ($58): If you’ve passed on doing a night cream because it seems like a waste, consider this: There are no UV rays around to mess with anti-aging ingredients (exfoliants can irritate skin when used during the day) and the heavier creams deliver a super dose of moisture. This sleeping treatment has papaya, maple and sugar cane extracts to gently exfoliate, and hyper-hydrating butters like shea and kokum, which give you a softer, smoother texture when the alarm goes off.
9. Retrouvé Luminous Cleansing Elixir ($75): Now is the time to take a good, long look at what you’re washing your face with (soap users, we’re looking at you!). This water-free balm is good for all skin types, and feels super-luxe as you massage it on; the glycerin and four-oil blend gently clears away the day’s dirt while keeping skin refreshed and radiant.
Looking for more skincare inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.