Add Color to Your Meatless Monday With These 12 Grilled Veggies
Summertime grilling never fails to bring excitement — even on a Meatless Monday! When we can mow down delectable skewers and bite into gloriously stacked veggie burgers, all seems right in the world. But familiarizing yourself with grilling veggies has its perks even if you *aren’t* a dedicated vegetarian. After all, a nutritious side is just as important as a satisfying main. These 12 grilled veg sides will bring color to your summer plates all while supplying a healthy dose of vitamins and nutrients.
1. Grilled Romaine Salad With Strawberries and Fennel Vinaigrette: Grilling romaine lettuce brings salad to a whole new level, and topping things off with fresh strawberries makes for the *ultimate* summer side. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
2. Chargrilled Spring Vegetable Platter With Coarse Sea Salt: All you need is a bit of olive oil, sea salt, and cracked black pepper in order to make these colorful chargrilled veggies shine. (via Salt and Pepper)
4. Grilled Baby Bok Choy: Two minutes on a searing grill is all this bok choy requires. Slather on that honey sesame glaze and you’ll be saying hello to your new fave veg side. (via The View from Great Island)
5. Grilled Zucchini With Mint, Lemon, and Feta: Charred to perfection, these crisp and tender zucchini bites are tossed with zesty lemon, cooling mint, and tangy feta for a side of summertime bliss. (via Erica Julson)
6. Five-Minute Blistered Shishito Peppers: All this low-key veg side calls for is a good char and some coarse sea salt. If you don’t feel like firing up the grill for such a small portion, try a waffle iron or panini press. (via Omnivore’s Cookbook)
7. Jamaican Jerk Grilled Eggplant: This grilled eggplant is everything that is spicy, smokey, and saucy. Though it acts as a perfect side to your protein, it can also stand on its own as a meal with a heaping pile of rice. (via Minimalist Baker)
8. Easy Balsamic Grilled Vegetables With Goat Cheese: This simple recipe lets you create a sweet and tangy veg side while cleaning out your crisper. Toss your fave summer produce in a balsamic marinade and top it with a generous sprinkle of creamy chèvre. (via NeighborFood)
10. Grilled Zucchini With Ricotta, Honey, and Toasted Barley: Grilled zucchini and pattypan squash are placed over fluffy ricotta, drizzled with honey, and garnished with toasted barley for an impressive side that just might outshine your main. (via Milly’s Kitchen)
11. Grilled Broccoli Over Blue Cheese Dressing With Spicy Crispies: When you set grilled broccoli over a creamy blue cheese dressing and top it with spiced rice crisps, your fam is guaranteed to eat their “trees.” (via Veggies by Candlelight)
Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful veggie recipes.