14 Wacky (But Delicious!) Groom’s Cakes
People always talk about the bride’s special day, but what about the groom‘s special day… or grooms’ special day? A groom’s cake is the perfect way to add an especially fun touch that’s totally unique. From bacon-topped waffle stacks to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-inspired confections, groom’s cake options are practically endless. And, by keeping the plans under wraps, you can even pull off a super sweet wedding-day surprise. Heck, we’re all about new traditions; feel free to drop the “groom” and start a new bridal party cake tradition — we’re down. Here are 14 faves guaranteed to complement a more elegant-looking wedding cake and tantalize all of your friends’ taste buds.
1. Bacon + Beer Waffle Cake: Crazy-shaped cakes are cool, but really, it’s flavor that counts the most. Our unique recipe, which calls for candying your bacon with brown sugar and whipping up cake-mix waffles, is also a family favorite for Father’s Day. (via Brit + Co)
2. Sub Sandwich Cake: Our favorite Subway standby just can’t compete with this stunning stack of sweetness. Don’t forget the little olive on top as the ultimate way to complete the design. (via White Rabbit Studios)
3. Sushi Cake: Sweeter than the real thing, but just as delicious, a sushi-inspired cake is an ideal choice for the guy who’s always up for scoping out the latest Asian-fusion hotspot. We’re huge fans of the gumpaste rolls and nigiri, plus the sugar wasabi, ginger and soy sauce condiments. (via Rachel Robertson Photography)
4. Giant Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cake: There are few things in life better than a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, but this giant replica surrounded by miniature candies is definitely one of them. If your boo happens to not be a fan, just base the cake’s design on any other type of candy he loves. Suh-weet! (via Aaron Rebarchek)
5. Gibson Guitar Cake: This giant guitar-shaped cake – complete with a Rice Krispies Treat neck and pasta strings – looks so ridiculously real, it made us do a double take. Steal the idea as a way to honor your own musical mastermind. (via Heather’s Cakes and Confections)
6. Camera Cake: They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and after seeing this red-velvet beauty, we know it’s 100 percent true. Snap into action and surprise your groom with a camera-inspired cake during the reception. (via Flickr)
7. Hamburger Cupcakes: Just when we thought there couldn’t be anything cuter than cupcake buns and brownie burgers, we caught sight of some stylin’ sugar cookie fries. Y-U-M. Follow the link to learn how to create the sweetest dessert display ever. (via Bakerella)
9. Stadium Cake: Talk about a winning design. Whether your SO is a football fan or baseball aficionado, your #1 is sure to flip when they discover their own wedding cake modeled after their favorite team’s stadium. (via @Okrastar1)
10. No-Bake Snickers Cake: We’re huge fans of the no-bake cake, especially when it tastes just like a Snickers bar. Featuring pound cake, caramel sauce, peanuts and chocolate frosting, this drool-worthy dessert is a definite must-try. (via Brit + Co)
12. Candy Bar Cake: If our no-bake Snickers cake wasn’t enough of a sugar rush for you, this four-layer confection, featuring Snickers, Twix, Rolo and Heath flavors, is sure to do the trick. Serve one during your wedding, then save the recipe for future Halloween parties. (via Brit + Co)
13. Oreo Cake: Looking to keep everyone partying hard on the dance floor well into the wee hours? An Oreo-esque cake and cold glasses of milk are perfect for late-night snacking. (via Our Labor of Love)
14. Where the Wild Things Are Cake: Bring the beloved picture book to life with this wildly whimsical cake. It’s a great way to celebrate childhood memories — no embarrassing baby-picture slideshow required. (via Charm City Cakes West)
Will you be serving a groom’s cake? Share some design inspiration below.