25 Ideas for Your Perfectly Prepped Guest Room
Ding dong! They’re here. Those special guests you’ve been waiting for. Your bathroom is clean, your coffee cake made and your laundry hidden in your closet. But is your guest room ready? Here are 25 ideas to help you put together a guest room that will relax, refresh and rejuvenate your guests. Fair warning: Your guest might love your space so much, they might never go home. (Yikes!)
1. Lots of Light: Whether your guest room is big or small, plenty of light is important. Sunshine is good for the soul but if there happen to be no windows, a few well placed lamps will do just fine. (via New Zealand Design Blog)
6. Daybed: If your guest room doubles as your home office, try using a daybed instead of a full bed. It makes a comfy place for guests to sleep and a perfect reading nook for you in the meantime. (via Kim Michelini)
8. WiFi Password: Nowadays, no one travels light. At least not digitally speaking! With their smartphones, laptops and tablets in tow, they’ll need WiFi access ASAP. Have your password ready and available for use. And displayed oh-so-cutely! (via Tater Tots and Jell-O)
11. Fresh Flowers: Roses are red, violets are blue, we love flowers and your guests do, too. Putting some freshly cut blooms in your guest room will show how much you care for the occupant. (via The Every Girl)
13. Extra Pillows: Plenty of extra pillows will ensure that your visitor is as comfortable as possible. But instead of stashing them away in the closet, store them openly in a pretty basket or tote. (via Home Sense)
19. Desk Space: If you have the room, don’t forget to provide a little space for your visitors to spread out their makeup brushes and set up their laptop. A desk with a view is an even better perk. (via Etsy)
What is your favorite guest room tip? Tell is in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)