8 Hair Products to Tame Your ‘Do During Tricky Spring Weather
With non-stop rainstorms and sweltering humid days in the not-so-distant future, wild and frizzy hair may become your worst enemy. But with every hairstyle gone wrong, there’s a slew of products that can come to your rescue to keep your strands in place. From wind-proof mousses to textured hairsprays, these products deserve a spot in your spring beauty arsenal. Want to know which ones to buy to keep your tresses happy all spring long? See all eight picks below.
1. Oribe Shine Light Reflecting Spray ($39): Forget dull-haired days when you have this glossing argan oil and lemongrass-infused spray at the ready. Spritz your tresses with this solution to make your color pop, shine, and stay in place while tackling unwanted frizz.
2. Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray ($26): This hairspray/dry shampoo hybrid is what beauty dreams are made of. Not only does it keep your style on lock, but its paraben-free formula will add the right amount of volume and texture to achieve ultimate #hairgoals. Beachy waves will stay just right when you opt for this go-to.
3. IGK Intern Flexible Hairspray ($29): Finding the right balance between stiff hair and natural styles can be tricky. Welcome this flexible spray. With ingredients like ginger root, aloe leaf, and mango fruit extracts, your locks will be stylish and protected from UV rays and completely controlled.
4. Nexxus City Shield DD Creme ($19): The lightweight styling cream helps protect against humidity, but also harsh temperature changes (A/C to outdoors to A/C again) that can damage locks.
5. Dove Extra Hold Hairspray ($9): Keeping flyaways at bay is a must when the humidity starts to set in. Use this extra hold hairspray to sidestep those pesky frizzy moments.
6. Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse ($15): Adding volume to lifeless hair (especially when it’s thin) is often challenged by unpredictable weather. This thickening mousse will come to the rescue. With a few pumps, your strands will feel thicker and fuller and won’t collapse after just a few hours.
7. R and Co Chiffon Styling Mousse ($27): If you prefer soft curls with body, then this mousse is for you. The styler features Abyssinian oil and black Polynesian volcanic sand to preserve moisture and provide heat and color protection through every strand.
8. Kristin Ess Beach Wave Spray ($14): While we can swoon over every item from this collection, the beach-wave spray has stolen our hearts. It will give you mermaid-inspired waves that don’t fall flat or dry out your strands. Use on wet or dry hair to obtain different effects. Warning: This is a product you’ll buy over and over again throughout the spring and well into summer.
Looking for more hair products? Check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.