Alert, Alert! Halloween is only three weeks away! If you’re starting to really feel those spooky vibes, we vote you take this weekend to jump head first into the holiday prep. And then when you’ve had just about enough of the festive DIYs, come on back for some totally non-Halloween projects. Whether you’re in need of a clever costume idea or a fall wardrobe update, here are 10 weekend projects to make before Monday’s return.
1. Fruit Loops Costume: Because, c’mon, our taste buds never really grew out of this beloved kids’ cereal. (via Studio DIY)
2. Stackable Desk Organizer: Is your desk in need of a major cleanup? Keep things nice, neat and stylish with this quick woodworking project. (via Bob Vila)
3. Mom + Baby Costumes: Want to make baby’s first Halloween really special? DIY one of these stellar coordinating costumes that both you and your little one will love. (via Brit + Co)
4. Crochet Pineapple Pin: Pins are having a moment right now. Put a handmade touch on the trending accessory by crocheting this teeny tiny pineapple. (via Persia Lou)
5. Easy Halloween Banner: Who says all Halloween decor has to be super spooky? Give your home a festive touch without all the gore. (via Brit + Co)
6. Basic Dishware Upgrade: If you want some super fun dishware without the expensive price tag, grab some basic pieces from the Dollar Store and follow this tutorial to give them a colorful upgrade. (via Mark Montano Blogs)
7. Latte Dog Costume: Take your addiction to Pumpkin Spice Lattes to the next level by turning your pup into your favorite fall drink with just a few materials. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Maternity Halloween Costumes: If you’re expecting more than just a handful of candy this Halloween, take advantage of that baby bump with these clever costumes. (via Brit + Co)
9. Fun Flannel Hack: Want to make that thrift store flannel look a little more exciting? Grab a pencil and some paint to instantly give an old shirt a fun, new touch. (via Brit + Co)
10. Googly Eyed Clutch: Headed to a black tie event this Hallows’ Eve? You can still show some spooky spirit with this fun accessory. (via Damask Love)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.