Whatever costume you go with this Halloween, it’s probably going to involve fake blood, face paint, glitter and/or pixie dust. Amiright? Before you go crazy on the Halloween cocktails and monster punch, you might want to make a plan for removing all that makeup post-apocalypse — err, Halloween — unless you want to see something truly frightening when you wake up November 1. (#Yikes!) Avoid a post-party nightmare by using these products to remove stubborn makeup and transform yourself back into a human ASAP.
1. MAC Cleanse Off Oil ($32): If your fright-night look involved face paint, a bit of cleansing oil will help remove it easily. This industrial-strength product is still gentle on the skin, courtesy of its unique formula that contains olive fruit, primrose and jojoba seeds. Just lather with water and rinse off thoroughly. Done and done.
2. The Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama LongWear Makeup Remover Wipes ($15): Your typical drugstore makeup remover wipes aren’t going to cut it when it comes to thick, caked-on Halloween makeup. After returning home from your big night out, bust out these wipes. They contain an oil-free emulsion that will remove even stubborn eye makeup (hello, raccoon eyes!) but still leave your skin feeling soft.
3. Shea Moisture 100 percent Extra Virgin Coconut Oil ($15): Coconut oil is your friend when it comes to getting rid of fake bloodstains or grease-based paints. Dab some on and go to town. The oil is also moisturizing, so your skin will feel super soft after an epic night out.
4. FOREO LUNA Mini 2 ($139): It’s tough, but resist the temptation to crawl straight into bed on Halloween night. Instead, give your skin the deep cleanse it deserves after being trapped under layers of Gothic gunk. This mini facial brush works with your regular cleanser but gets in deeper to remove stubborn makeup, paint and dirt in just one minute.
5. Pond’s Cold Cream Cleanser ($5): Your mother and grandmother probably both used cold cream in their day, and you should trust them, because it really works! Go old school with cold cream after Halloween by applying it liberally to your face. Use a wet washcloth to wipe it off, and watch your stubborn costume makeup disappear.
Looking for more Halloween hacks? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.