Thankfully, the world hasn’t ended and we were able to celebrate Christmas in the shelter of our own homes and not a bomb shelter. While we’re sad that Christmas is over, we’re super excited for New Year’s Eve! Now that our bellies are full and our hearts warm, it’s time to get that party started. After throwing your colorful New Year’s bash, you might be feeling a little under the weather on January 1st. To help alleviate the pain, grab your Advil and check out our roundup of 12 recipes to help that hangover!
1. Mac and Cheese Muffins: Want a hearty breakfast to start off your day? These mac n cheese muffins give you the best of both worlds – breakfast AND dinner! (via Brit + Co)
2. Cheesy Spinach Sausage Casserole: Cheesy, ooey gooey casserole? Count me in! And we’re comforted by the fact that it has lots of nutrients from the spinach ;). (via Brown Eyed Baker)
3. Mini Deep Dish Pizzas: Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at hangover time! (via Brit + Co)
4. Loaded Mashed Potato Calzones: Bacon mashed potatoes, pizza dough, and an ungodly amount of cheese in an easy-to-eat pocket? So perfect for that hangover. Or anytime really… (via Healthy Food for Living)
5. Stuffed Cheesy Bread on Crack: We’re definitely not condoning any kind of crack here at Brit + Co. Unless it’s this cheesy bread on crack. Drooling! (via Food Wanderings in Asia)
6. Baked Chili Cheese Fries: We are loving how baking these fries add that beautiful brown crust to them. Plus chili? So ready. (via Joy the Baker).
7. Caprese Pizza Dip: Pizza in dip form. So. Brilliant. (via US Masala)
8. Cheesy Enchilada Casserole: If you’re tired of all the Christmas themed food, take it south of the border with this enchilada casserole. (via Let’s Dish)
9. Ham and Cheese Potato Skins: We usually eat potato skins during football games, but after a champagne filled night, it’s sounding pretty good for New Year’s Day too. (via Simple Comfort Food)
10. Mashed Potato Monkey Bread: Our eyeballs practically dropped out of our head when we saw this crazy monkey bread. We wish we could eat it right now! (via Scarletta Bakes)
11. Baked Veggie Fries: These are baked and they’re veggies, so they’re healthy right? Yes, we think so too ;). (via Brit + Co)
12. Totchos: Tater Tot nachos? AND an egg! We are super “egg-cited” to try this inventive recipe. (via the Little Kitchen)
What’s your favorite meal when you’re hungover? Let us know in the comments or on Facebook or Twitter.