From strawberry cheesecakes to decadent donut towers, is there anything you CAN’T do with cake? The latest trend we’re loving, #BookCakes, successfully combines two of our all-time favorite hobbies: reading and baking.
Here’s an inspiring and delicious Instagram roundup of some of the best cakes we’ve seen that are way too good to eat (a lot of talent out there!):
1. Cakemojo: Please, please tell us that Rob and Katie work at Penguin Books! What a chic, elegant, and cheeky wedding cake. (Photo via @cakemojo)
2. Night Kitchen Bakery: A childhood favorite, Chika Chika Boom Boom makes for a bright, fun way to celebrate a four-year-old’s birthday. Bonus points that the Insta handle is named after In the Night Kitchen! (Photo via @nightkitchenbakery)
3. Simon Lee Bakery: Gus is getting a REALLY special first birthday cake. How cute is that worm? (Photo via @simonleebakery)
4. Velvet Cake Affair: Not surprisingly, Harry Potter is a super popular theme when it comes to #bookcakes. (Photo via @velvetcakeaffair)
5. @Julie_emm_cakes: The details here are incredible. What a delicious way to revisit the classics! (Photo via @Julie_emm_cakes)
6. @pepperscatering: We not only love this realistic-looking cake, but we love that a teenage girl is really into reading. Amanda, we salute your choice of book! (Photo via @pepperscatering)
7. @honeydreambaker: One of our favorite YA novels is now in cake form, complete with earbuds. This one is (almost!) definitely too good to eat. (Photo via @honeydreambaker)
8. @brownsfondantcakes: Ok, y’all, this is an adorable baby shower cake. Kareen Jamar Johnson, the world awaits you. (Photo via @brownsfondantcakes)
9. @charmcitycakes: Duff Goldman of the infamous Charm City Cakes would of course do a great cake, but we’re so happy that its one of our favorite action gals, Wonder Woman. The attention to detail here is outrageous. (Photo via @charmcitycakes)
Tell us in the comment section below which books you’d bake up!