Hosting brunch doesn’t have to involve a slew of cheesy casseroles or indulgent desserts (not that there’s anything wrong with that). There are plenty of lightened-up frittatas and frilly eggs Benedict recipes out there to keep things exciting and wholesome. Read on for 15 wholesome eats that will get your weekend started off just right.
1. Flatbread Breakfast Pizza: Pizza for breakfast — we’ve all done it. An actual breakfast pizza, however, seems like a dream; pinch us. This glorious flatbread is topped with a tangy tomato purée, greens, creamy avocado and perfectly cooked eggs. (via Very Breakfast)
3. Healthy Superfood Pancakes: The words “healthy” and “pancakes” in the same sentence? We’re into it! These cakes are made with super nutritious ingredients, then topped with even more wholesome goodies, like goji berries and matcha powder. Nothing to feel guilty about here. (via Domestic Gothess)
4. Black Cherry Breakfast Parfait: As soon as you sink your spoon into this work of art, you’ll find layer upon layer of different textures like jellied chia seeds, creamy yogurt and crunchy granola. (via Vegetarian Department)
5. Pesto Egg White Omelette With Goat Cheese: If you’re looking for a healthy dose of protein, you’ve found it in the best way. This fast and simple GF option brings you a tasty blend of chicken, goat cheese and nutty pesto. Low carb never looked quite so good. (via Food Faith Fitness)
6. Healthy Sweet Potatoes Waffles: You’re totally going to want to l’eggo your Eggo when you see this beauty of a sweet potato waffle. They’re a cinch to make and pair well with all that is sweet *and* savory. (via Maria Ushakova)
7. Oatmeal Breakfast Banana Split: Get extravagant this weekend and throw together some delicious and nutritious banana breakfast splits! With a healthful mix of fruit and oats, this concoction is totally a smart choice, and the kids will go, well, bananas. (via Courtney’s Sweets)
8. Cultured Breakfast Macro Bowls: This gut-healthy bowl of goodness is comfort food perfection and, as luck would have it, just happens to be incredibly good for you. It’s full of wholesome root veggies, greens, beans and brown rice. (via The Full Helping)
9. The Green Smoothie Bowl: For some, the smoothie bowl trend had its 15 minutes of fame. For others, it’s still going strong and is everything that is practical and delightful. No matter which group you identify with, these lavish bowls are too good to resist. (via The Barefoot Housewife)
10. Broccoli Pancakes With Spinach and Parmesan Cheese: We’ve witnessed savory waffles, but savory pancakes are the meal-of-the-moment, and we couldn’t be more excited. Made with hearty broccoli, healthful spinach and sharp Parmesan, these bad boys would pair wonderfully with some Bloody Marys, amirite? (via Yummy Addiction)
11. Chorizo Butternut Pizza Hash With Baked Eggs: Breakfast skillet meals are known for being big on flavor, and this one is no exception. With salty chorizo, soft butternut and runny baked eggs, this option will have you thinking you’re being bad even though you’re being OH-SO good. (via Paleo Running Momma)
12. Kale Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Egg Bake: Your family and friends will be completely head over heels for this fluffy and tasty low-carb egg bake. Sautéed kale and tangy goat cheese are mixed with whole eggs and egg whites, then topped with yummy sun-dried tomatoes. (via Fit Mitten Kitchen)
13. Winter Fruit Muesli: If you thought it impossible to get bright and fruity mid-winter, think again. This vegan and GF winter-inspired muesli is topped with pomegranate seeds and orange slices to give you the boost you need. (via Catching Seeds)
14. French Lentils With Lemon Vinaigrette, Feta and Poached Egg: Throwing the word “French” into anything makes it sound chic, but this dish has the flavor profile to back it up. Wholesome French lentils are tossed in a bright and lemony vinaigrette before being topped with feta and a silky poached egg. Substantial, yet luxurious. (via Pastiche)
15. Greens and Brie Egg White Frittata: Brie is heavenly, and when blended into a pillowy frittata, it will send you straight into a euphoric state. The highest of fives to the brunch option that combines healthy and indulgent. (via Brewing Happiness)
Follow us on Pinterest for more gloriously healthy brunch inspo!