January may be over, but that doesn’t mean that we’ve totally given up on the whole New Year’s Resolutions thing. At this point on your road to fitness and healthy eating, you’ve probably got plenty of clean eating ideas and the occasional no-guilt healthy dessert recipes laying around, but what about the most important meal of the day? Breakfast is like a first impression for your stomach and mind, and eating something that fits your goals is important to set the tone for the rest of the day. Start your mornings off right with these five delicious yet good-for-you breakfast recipes and you’ll be winning at life BIG time.
1. Quinoa Oatmeal With Coconut Milk and Maple Syrup: This one checks ALL of the boxes. It’s dairy-free, high in protein, full of flavor and most importantly… it’s *really* delicious with chi-chi-chi-chia seeds on top. (via @LevanJared’s Nom Profile)
2. Strawberry Buckwheat Porridge: The name “porridge” may sound boring, but this recipe is anything but. What’s that? Buckwheat helps control blood sugar and can satisfy your hunger like WHOA? Yes, please! (via @WholeheartedEats’ Nom Profile)
3. Avocado Toast: For the haters out there who say that avo toast is so 2016, we say welcome to the Golden Age of all things *toast.* That includes this amazing combination of creamy avocado, purple kale and roe for a salty pop. (via @BreadBunnie’s Nom Profile)
4. Maple + Fig + Tahini Overnight Oats: These luscious tickets to heaven are more than your standard variety oatmeal. The tahini gives you a much-needed morning kick of B vitamins for energy and they contain no processed sugar. Oh, and figs. Mmmmmmmm… (via @ProbablyThis Nom’s Profile)
5. Greek Yogurt Topped With Fresh and Frozen Fruit: Greek yogurt gets a kick in the teeth with a mix of fresh + frozen fruits to make one epic breakfast. Add pepitas on top for some magnesium, protein and antioxidants — and your day is totally going to be AH-mazing. (via @AngryNoodle’s Nom Profile)
For more healthy + delicious recipes, follow us on Pinterest.