Grab your crop tops, glitter hairspray, and unicorn headband — it’s officially festival season! Before you start rushing to the main stage, you need sustenance, and ideally, it should be healthy (not just pizza and beer). Whether you’re making the trek to Coachella, Lollapalooza, or Bonnaroo, healthy snacks that you can throw in your vintage rucksack are essential to festival survival. You have to keep your energy up, after all. We’ve gathered 13 portable options that will keep you going until the wee hours of the morning, listed for your viewing pleasure below.
1. Baked Zucchini Hummus Bites: Instead of bringing a huge tub of hummus and veggies with you, do the work before you leave the house and assemble these zucchini bites. When you’ve been snacking on granola for three hours, the savory change will be a welcome one. (via Cookin Canuck)
2. Chocolate Banana Oat Bites: If you realized at the last minute that you forgot to buy snacks, these chocolate-dipped banana oat bites will save the day. You probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry, and you only need an hour’s notice to get them ready. (via The Nutrition Adventure)
4. Curried Nut Mix: Store-bought nut mixes are expensive, and you usually can’t find the flavor you’re looking for. Customize your own with your favorite nuts and a combination of curry powder, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper. (via Cake ‘n Knife)
5. Dark Chocolate Date and Peanut Butter Energy Bites: It’s not a proper road trip without energy bites to keep you going along the way. Make a dozen of these chocolate and peanut butter bites, and you won’t have to buy any on your obligatory Starbucks run. (via Quinn’s Place)
6. Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas: Instead of packing your bag full of super salty chips, prepare these crisp chickpeas. They’re incredibly easy to make, and baking them twice ensures they’re extra crunchy. (via Joy, Food, Sunshine)
7. Healthy Low-Carb and Gluten-Free Soft Pretzels: If you or any of your friends have gluten allergies, these pretzels will be an essential part of your festival experience. While everyone else is walking around with the ones they bought there, you’ll have your own homemade version to enjoy. (via Desserts With Benefits)
8. Peanut Butter and Jelly Muddy Buddies: You have to bring at least one snack that’s a little naughty. This PB + J muddy buddy mix will keep you full and satisfy that sweet tooth at the same time. (via Donuts, Dresses, and Dirt)
10. Multi-Seed Crisps: Organic multi-seed crackers from the grocery store can be VERY pricey. Save a few pennies by making your own and bringing along various spreads to last the day. (via The View from Great Island)
11. Chewy No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars: You normally get five or six in a box of granola bars, and you’ll blow through those in no time. Make a batch of 16 bars and you’ll be set until you get home. (via Domestic Gothess)
12. Spicy Tamari Coconut Meat Jerky: When you crack into a young coconut to sip on the water, don’t throw out that meat! It’s wonderful for roasting into a savory vegan jerky all your buds will fight over. (via Pure Kitchen)
13. Granola Crunch Apple-Peanut Butter Sandwich Wraps: This well-rounded wrap has whole grains, fruits, and healthy fats to nourish your whole body. Leave them whole for a hearty lunch or slice into sushi-like rounds for on-the-go sharing. (via Two Healthy Kitchens)
Follow us on Pinterest for more festival inspo!