12 Healthy Recipes That Will Satisfy Your Pizza Cravings
If you crave pizza
every night every Friday night, you’re not alone. While indulging every now and then is definitely good for the soul, too much can be tough on your body. Next time the pizza pangs hit, click to these stand-in recipes for a good ‘za that won’t wreak your healthy-eating habits.
1. Kale Pizza Crust: Get your pizza fix while you fill your body with nutritious, leafy greens. This gluten-free crust is primarily comprised of kale, as well as panko bread crumbs. (via Sweet As Honey)
2. Savory Pizza Fat Bombs: If you’re limiting your total fat content, this is not the option for you. But if you’ve embraced the idea that healthy fats equal good health, these will be right up your alley. (via Ruled.me)
3. Whole Wheat Pita Bread Pizzas: This yummy pizza alternative isn’t just better for you, it’s also a heckuva lot cheaper than traditional pizza. Just combine whole wheat pita with the toppings of your choosing. Bonus tip: Leave off the meat, and this is a FANTASTIC meatless Monday option. (via Eat Yourself Skinny)
4. Easy Pizza Omelette: Who ever said you shouldn’t eat pizza for breakfast? This healthy omelette combines all the flavors you love about pizza with the low-carb factor of an omelette. Extra health points if you make your omelette with egg whites. (via All for the Memories)
6. Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Bites: Next time you feel like reaching for a slice, dip a quinoa ball into a bowl of marinara instead. These gluten-free bites aren’t vegetarian — they’re made with pepperoni, quinoa, eggs and mozzarella for a protein-packed snack. (via Wonky Wonderful)
7. Cauliflower Pizza Crust: Making pizza crust out of cauliflower is surprisingly easy. You just need to grate the cauliflower in a food processor, heat it up, strain it and add some Parmesan cheese and spices. Simple as (pizza) pie. (via Our Best Bites)
8. Zucchini Pizza Boats: You can add whatever pizza toppings you’d like to these delicious and nutritious zucchini boats. Some of our favorite ingredients? Tomatoes, green onions, diced ham, spinach and pepperoni slices. (via Cooking Classy)
9. Pita Pocket Pizza Sandwich: This quick and easy meal idea will satisfy your pizza cravings and, *major* bonus, can be taken to work for an inexpensive weekday lunch. Go with whole-wheat pita bread for an even healthier option. (via Saffron Trail)
10. 3-Ingredient Sweet Potato Pizza: This healthy crust alternative is made with just three ingredients: sweet potatoes, rolled oats and an egg. You can also add in some extra spices and olive oil for additional flavor. (via Pinch of Yum)
11. Pizza Omelette: There’s more than one way to make a pizza omelette. This slightly more gourmet version takes the flavors of artisanal pizza to the next level, showcasing ingredients like prosciutto, olives, microgreens and heirloom tomatoes. (via A Less Irritable Life)
Follow us on Pinterest for more healthy meal alternatives and delicious recipes!