6 Better-for-You Liquors to Pump Up Your Next Summer Party
Between trips to the beach and weekend getaways with the girls, there are plenty of opportunities to get your booze on all summer long. But after awhile, sugary cocktails or one too many frozés can lead to a sugar crash. Switching things up with delicious La Croix mocktails is great, but you don’t have to give up your happy hour Paloma to be healthier. There are plenty of better-for-you spirit options out there that can keep your cocktails in check too. We’ve rounded up six of our fave organic liquors that are for sure a part of our summer party essentials list.
1. Prairie Organic Spirits: With three varieties to choose from — 100 percent certified organic vodka, cucumber-flavored organic vodka and organic gin — this spirit company is the answer to all of your summer party prayers. Each bottle of Prairie Organic Spirits takes three years to craft, and is distilled to taste, so you get a smooth, uncompromising spirit that’s perfect to mix with fresh, local ingredients.
2. Crop Organic Vodka: This line of premium vodkas is made from American certified organic grain and is only distilled the exact number of times needed to remove unwanted flavors and impurities. It’s available in four different flavors, including tomato, which will take your Bloody Mary bar to an entirely new level.
3. Highland Harvest Organic Scotch Whiskey: Whiskey is already one of the healthiest spirits out there, with zero fat and super low carb levels, but Highland Harvest takes it up a notch. It’s made from a mix of three organic malts and one organic grain that have all been matured together in oak barrels for four years. Drink it on the rocks or add a splash of club soda or water for the ultimate nightcap.
4. Tru Organic Vodka: A vodka so smooth you can drink it straight or mix with fresh fruits and tonic without compromising on quality? Sign us up. Tru Organic Vodka is made from American organic grain, pure water and hand-processed ingredients to make sure you get the cocktail you want to drink and the cocktail your body deserves.
5. Crusoe Organic Silver Rum: Beach vacays and tropical getaways all need one very important thing: a killer rum cocktail. And with Crusoe Organic Silver Rum, you’ll get just that without worrying about drinking something bad for your beach body. To get the most flavor, they use organic molasses and process the rum using the same technique many California wineries do: micro-oxygenation. The result? Healthier piña coladas and daiquiris for days.
6. 360 Vodka: Helping our planet without a doubt helps us in the long run. This better-for-the-environment vodka’s mission is to have the smallest carbon footprint possible by doing things like recycling nearly 200 tons of materials every year. Plus, the swing-top cap is specially designed to make the bottle completely reusable. Stick to their more traditional flavor options, like the 360 Original Vodka, to keep this eco-friendly spirit good for you and Mother Nature.
Tweet us your favorite better-for-you spirit @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)