It’s HOT outside. And while we love a good heat wave, it makes day-to-day activities trickier (and stickier). So today, we’re teaming up with Made to Matter — Handpicked by Target brands Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® and Justin’s® to bring you 10 smart buys and DIYs for a healthier, happier summer that will let you live your best life under the sun.
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® and Justin’s® are both dedicated to making a difference with their products and share a passion for clean ingredients — a value that we can absolutely get behind. So it’s a no-brainer for us to team up with wholesome brands to bring you a wholesome summer guide, including DIY projects courtesy of Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®! First up, a yummy smoothie from Justin’s® that’s sure to become our summer breakfast staple.
Justin’s® Healthy PB&J Smoothie
Kick off the summer day with a tasty and playful a.m. smoothie made with Justin’s® Peanut Butter. All Justin’s® products are made with high-quality ingredients and boast 4-8 grams of protein per serving without the usual sugar dosage found in generic nut butter brands. It really doesn’t get better than that.
— 2 Tablespoons Justin’s® Peanut Butter
— 2 cups frozen berries
— 2 cups almond milk
— 1 frozen banana
— 1 cup greek yogurt
— 1 cup ice
1. Combine ice, almond milk, yogurt, banana, berries and Justin’s® Peanut Butter in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth. You’re done!
Healthy PB&J in a jar! That’s our kinda breakfast.
More Summer Hacks
2. Use Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® to Tackle a Sticky Kitchen: Is it just us, or does everything get WAY stickier in the summer? Break out the Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® products — which are made with simple ingredients that smell downright divine — to keep your surfaces spick and span. Available at your local Target or online at Target.com.
4. Make These Seasoned Chickpea Snackers: We adore EVERYTHING that Sweet Paul makes, and this super tasty chickpea snack recipe is no exception. He seasons canned chickpeas, roasts them and seasons them again. We’re in. (via Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day)
5. DIY a Darling Bike Basket: Bring some joy to your two-wheeler with this quick and simple floral facelift. Who knows, maybe it will encourage you to hop on that bike a little more often!
6. Color Dip Old Bowls: Sometimes a tiny update is all it takes to make something feel new again. Repurpose old bowls with a dip of food-friendly paint for an even cuter outdoor potluck spread. (via Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®)
7. DIY a ’90s Swimsuit: One-piece swimsuits are BACK, and we’re thrilled. Embrace the trend by making one yourself with this neat iron-on vinyl trick.
8. Make a Garden Shed Shelf: Spending your summer in the garden? Upcycle an old pallet to make a one-stop-shop for all of your garden supplies. (via Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day)
9. Try No-Heat Recipes: When turning on an oven or stove is unthinkable in the heat, go for refreshing, oven-free combos. We’re partial to this epic balsamic avocado toast recipe :)
10. DIY a Lavender Sugar Scrub: Treat yourself to a homemade spa day! Rather than risking it with beauty products filled with chemicals and toxins, create an easy exfoliating scrub with wholesome ingredients found in your pantry. (via Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®)
What are your go-to hacks for a healthy and happy summer? Share with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Author: Maddie Bachelder