Here’s How Celebs Are Reacting to the Fort Lauderdale Shootings
It’s only January 6, but already, we’re dealing with heartbreak. Five people lost their lives today at the hands of a shooter at Fort Lauderdale’s airport, with eight more injured. It was nearly 1pm when Esteban Santiago, a former member of Alaska’s Army National Guard, opened fire upon a crowded room full of people in the airport’s baggage claim area.
While details are just starting to emerge about the gunman, who is said to have been known to the FBI as having mental health issues, we’re still trying to process the shock of the tragic occurrence and the lives that were senselessly lost. Celebs are also dealing with the tragedy, taking to social media to express their thoughts and condolences. See what they had to say below.
1. Ellen DeGeneres: Ellen reached out to all of those affected by today’s incident, sending love to all.
2. Jesse Tyler Ferguson: Modern Family’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson said what we were all thinking.
3. Brandi Glanville: Former Real Housewife Brandi Glanville echoed those thoughts, saying “What is this world coming to?”
4. Nicole “Snooki” LaValle: Nicole was left stunned and speechless, saying only “So upsetting.”
5. LeAnn Rimes Cibrian: LeAnn wished everyone well, sending her prayers to all.
6. Alyssa Milano: Alyssa took time out to acknowledge those dealing with the aftermath of the shocking event.
7. Debra Messing: Debra Messing took issue with the way the situation was handled.
8. Donald Trump: The President-Elect in question promised he was monitoring the situation, and urged us all to stay safe.
9. Cassadee Pope: Things hit a little too close to home for country music star Cassadee Pope, who is a frequent traveler of the Fort Lauderdale airport.
How are you coping with today’s tragedy? Share your feelings with us over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Luca Teuchmann + Carlos Miller/Getty)