Hilary Duff’s ’90s Throwback Velvet Shoes Are #FallFashionGoals
It’s been a great summer for trying out all sorts of trends when it comes to your sneakers and sandals and everything in between. But the inevitable first chill (or cool down, depending on how you like it!) is on its way. Celebs have already started thinking about fall where their shoe game is concerned, and Hilary Duff recently posted a huge trend for not only shoes but for fall in general: velvet.
She’s paired her velvet platforms here with socks, but there are so many other ways you can get in on this blockbuster trend. Here are a few to get you started.
1. Kate Spade Marcellina Heels ($328): For the party girl in all of us! These pink velvet stack heels will look darling with denim now, and can transition nicely into your go-to party shoe for winter events with tights. Bonus points for the glitter.
2. French Sole Jigsaw Flats ($200): It wouldn’t be surprising to see chic, simple flats like these on Kate Middleton — or on Alexa Chung. They’re super versatile and in a pretty wine color that’s always in style during colder months.
3. River Island Grey Ankle Booties ($80): If you’re ready to combine two trends together, try these David Bowie-inspired platform booties in a soft gray. They’ll go great with mini dresses now, and can be worn with flared denim and shrunken sweaters in winter.
4. Jeffrey Campbell Velvet Heels ($130): If you’re looking for something that’s in-between super trendy and ladylike, these shoes will do just nicely. Pair them now with knee-length skirts, like the one shown here, and go for it with socks or tights like Hilary in a few weeks.
5. Intentionally Blank Eliza Flat ($168): Gray is fall’s answer to summer’s nude, and these flats will take the cost-per-wear down to nothing once you realize you can wear them with almost anything — jeans and a tee, work outfits and date-night dresses.
6. Daisy Street Crushed Velvet Platform Heel ($57): If you want to find a pair closest to what Hilary is rocking, try these super affordable ones from Daisy Street. They’re a perfect dusty blue that will complement fall’s trends without looking out of place.
7. Kate Spade Carmina Loafer ($250): More casual gals will love these loafers from Kate Spade — pairing these comfy beauties with your work wardrobe will be really easy to do.
8. Girl Velvet Slingbacks ($75): This pink velvet slingback is the perfect footwear for a fall wedding — understated yet sweet.
Will you try out velvet shoes this fall? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Craig Barritt / Getty)