Join Our Holiday Instagram Challenge: Share Your Festive Photos for a Chance to WIN!
Now that Thanksgiving is over, and the mad dash of Black Friday and Cyber Monday has settled, it’s safe to say that the holidays are officially here. Yep, it’s the MOST wonderful time of the year! ‘Tis the season for family and friends getting together. There are dinner parties galore, hot cocoa bars, decorating the Christmas tree, presents to wrap and more!
We want to make this holiday season extra special by making sure we’re capturing all of those “merry and bright” moments with you! Time for a little holiday Instagram challenge!
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Now until January 3, 2017, share your creative holiday photos with us on Instagram. (Psst! If your photo includes friends and family, don’t forget to ask their permission before submitting!)
- Tag your photos with @britandco and use the hashtags #bcholiday and #contest.
- On January 4, 2017, we’ll announce three (3) winners! We will pick winners based on creativity, originality and holiday spirit!
- Each winner will get a special regram, a $100 VISA Gift Card and a B+C online class of their choice. Woot!
So what are you waiting for? Follow us on Instagram and start snapping those festive photos!
NEED SOME INSPO?
We have a few fun holiday photo ideas to get you started:
- Ugly sweater party outfits
- A cheers on New Year’s Eve
- Holiday headbands with your bestie
- Sisters in Santa hats (or your adorable puppy!)
- All wrapped up in Christmas lights
- Make like Rudolph with red ornaments held up to your nose
- Add festive-shaped bokeh to your photo (free download inside!)
Get creative and start sharing your holiday photos with us today!
BRUSH UP ON YOUR SHUTTERBUG SKILLS
Pick your fave from our ever-so-popular photography courses below.
1. Photo Styling Online Class ($29): Tap into the secret behind making a “meh” photo into an awesome Instagram photo. Psst! All you need is a little styling and editing help. And guess what? You just need your smartphone!
2. Intro to DSLR Photography Online Class ($39): Learn how to finally use that fancy DSLR camera that you got last Christmas! And this year, use your new shutterbug skills to take lovely holiday photos you’ll be proud to share!
3. Portrait Photography Online Class ($29): Save a little money on your holiday cards this year and learn how to take your own family photo.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Must be a U.S. resident and be age 18 or over to enter. Entries will be accepted starting at 12AM GMT on 12/05/16 and ending at 12AM GMT on 1/03/16. Full official rules HERE.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)