When your rotation of ugly (but cute!) Christmas sweaters grows stale (as if!), there are countless other ways to show your affection for the holidays without going into full-blown fa-la-la mode. If all red, green + tinsel everything isn’t your thang, try embracing more subtle holiday cheer this season with quirky Christmas-themed accessories, like a sophisticated gold bow belt, a celebratory charm bracelet or even cheeky Christmas tree tights. Any of these items can be thrown on in a pinch to complete the ultimate party getup. Look no further than these 16 holiday-inspired accessories that will keep the compliments coming post-Secret Santa exchange.
1. Kate Spade Dot Ornament Clutch ($298): Glam girl on the go? Lend some whimsy to your after-hours look with this playful ornament clutch that will serve as an instant conversation starter.
2. Pretty Polly Ten Out of Tannenbaum Tights ($21): These Christmas tree tights are the bee’s knees. Whether you team them up with a fair isle sweater, a metallic dress or even a full-on elf costume, there’s no blending in as far as these tights are concerned.
3. Padgett Hoke Antler Earrings ($40): Ugly Christmas sweater, check. Obligatory Santa hat, check. Antler earrings… yup, you def need a pair of those too. For a quick dash of seasonal delight, these dainty danglers are guaranteed to take any #OOTD up a notch.
4. Skinnydip Exclusive XMAS Glitter Body Bag ($54): Four letters, one holiday: This ultra sparkly Scrabble-inspired crossbody bag is just what you need for a night of hands-free dancing + scoping out the dessert spread (#priorities).
5. Capelli Santa Flip-Top Gloves ($12): Proof that even Santa texts in his spare time, these flip-top gloves will keep your hands toasty and safe from the elements. Definitely wear them for your annual bell-ringing shift or as you go Christmas caroling with your squad.
6. Charming Charlie Holiday Bow Ring ($8): Pinkies up, ladies! Come cocktail hour, this classy bow ring won’t go unnoticed as you play hostess with the mostess for the eve.
7. Venessa Arizaga Mira Mikati OMG! Bracelet ($55): If your fashion sensibilities err on the festive-but-not-that-festive side, this throwback friendship bracelet with red and green “OMG’’ beads will be right up your alley.
8. Skinnydip London All I Want for Christmas Cactus iPhone 6 Case ($28): Because you know that you’ve always wanted a googly-eyed cactus Santa iPhone case. Whip it out in style as you Snapchat all of your party shenanigans and take the occasional selfie to commemorate the night.
9. Kate Spade Holiday Charm Bracelet ($98): When a bejeweled statement necklace is so yesterday and your go-to arm party has seen better days, this charm bracelet will give you an excuse to start toasting to the new year a smidge early (as in right now). We call dibs on the sparkly champs charm…
10. ASOS Christmas Bauble Earrings ($11): Christmas need not be limited to the 25th, people! Celebrate the entire month of December with these red, green + gold bauble earrings that can be interchanged to correspond with your attire for the evening.
11. Clare Vivier Lizzie Wallet ($85): Look no further than this wallet-turned-clutch in disguise to tote just the essentials — namely your ID, cards and spare cash — for a holiday bar crawl. The metallic gold will look ah-maz-ing with a sequined maxi, black pinafore dress or red jumpsuit.
12. ASOS Lapland Christmas Ballet Flats ($45): Enter THE Christmas flats of the season that will inevitably solve every “I have nothing to wear” conundrum. ‘Cause who needs jingle bells when you’re sporting festive poms on your toes anyway?
13. Ban.do It Girl Bobbi ($12): From Christmas gatherings to NYE, this rose gold “party” bobby pin will be in heavy rotation these next few weeks. Be it a messy top knot, a sweet side braid or easy beach waves, a chic new ‘do is in order.
14. Linea Pelle Skinny Bow Belt ($50): For a soiree-ready look or fancy dinner with the fam, allow this gilded bow belt to lead the way. It’s a chic accoutrement that will always do you right, whether you’re wearing a fit-and-flare dress or tuxedo blazer.
15. Gipsy Plaid Bright Tights ($16): TBH, plain ‘ol black tights simply won’t do when you have these on standby. Unleash your inner Cher Horowitz this holiday season with a preppy tartan pair that will make any LBD or sequin dress feel new again. Chunky platforms required.
16. ASOS Christmas Pudding Spring Headband ($11): A little silly, yes, but how fun would it be to show up wearing this traditional Christmas pudding headband to your office’s happy hour or for a gingerbread house decorating party with your closest gal pals?
How will you be showing off your festive side this season? Be sure to follow along with us on Pinterest for more holiday fun!