12 Home Products That Will Help You Stay Cool This Summer
Coast to coast, summer heat affects everyone differently. You may need to stand in a deep freezer, float in a stock tank for hours, or cool off with a nice glass of iced tea. No matter how you beat the heat, there will always be stylish solutions to the age-old problem of keeping cool. We’ve found 12 of this season’s must-haves for doing just that. Scroll on to see how to stay refreshed when the thermostat is reading off the charts.
1. PB Teen Open Weave Cave Chair ($699): Look at that netted chair back! The sweet summer breeze will flow right through it, just enough to keep the sweat at bay.
2. Anthropologie Relaxed Cotton-Linen Duvet Cover ($228): Ditch your polyester comforter and wool blankets ASAP! On those long sticky nights, you want a linen or cotton blend that will breathe (and save you from sticking to your sheets).
3. Waiting on Martha Vinglace Limited Edition Pink Stainless Steel Wine Cooler ($98): The problem with ice is that it dilutes your wine! *gasp* Get a bottle chiller and keep the party going all night long.
4. Urban Outfitters Huggable Bear Cooling + Heating Pad ($25): Pop this guy in the fridge before work and enjoy a cold compress after your long (and hot) commute home.
5. Amazon Opal Nugget Ice Maker ($499): With an ice nugget maker, you can have ALL the ice you want for those happy hour mojitos. No more running to the market for that giant bag!
6. Brooklinen Hammam Towel ($65): Big, fluffy towels trap water and the heat. Instead, use these lightweight (but heavy-duty) towels after a cool shower.
7. Target Portable Fan Copper/Black ($40): No A/C unit? No problem. A few strategically placed fans will keep the air moving and provide a gentle hum in the background. What could be more quintessentially summer?
8. Loomstead Linen Sheets + Pillowcases ($149): Not everyone is dealing with a duvet situation in triple-digit temps. So when you’re using only a light blanket, changing out the sheets with these linen threads will make a world of difference.
9. Serena & Lily Outdoor Hanging Chair ($698): When life hands you a balcony with a roof to hang a chair from, you take it. These beauties are almost better than a hammock for lazy weekends in August.
10. Amazon Hyper Chiller Ice Coffee Maker ($25): If you buy one gadget this year, it should be this one. It’ll chill any liquid right away and keep it ice-cold. You can use it to put a new spin on your morning coffee, or just enjoy a cold drink after work.
11. Wayfair 80 Qt. Patio Rolling Cooler ($169): An outdoor drink station is a no-brainer, but this one doubles as a cooler so really it’s a two-for-one. Better act fast, because at this price, they’ll be flying off the shelves.
12. The Little Market Blush Ceramic Bowls ($14): Ice cream, gelato, sugar-free, or dairy-free? However you consume this frozen treat, make sure it looks as good as this.
How are you and your friends beating the heat this summer? Tweet us about it @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.