Homemade Cards for Mother’s Day, an Anthro T-Shirt Hack, More Weekend DIY Projects
After chowing down on nachos and mixing margaritas for Cinco de Mayo this Friday, you’ll have the rest of the weekend to knock out some fab DIYs. We have a cactus stool that’ll make your #jungalow dreams come true, along with some sweet projects to craft for your mama (Mother’s Day is in a week, y’all!). It’s like we always say — fiesta, then craft like crazy. Keep scrolling for 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. DIY Sprinkle Statement Earrings: If you have a sprinkle-obsessed sweet tooth, it’s time to start wearing the wonderful treats. Follow this DIY to whip the tiny toppings into statement earrings with a stick of hot glue. (via Aww Sam)
3. DIY Papercut Word Art: Show your siblings up this year by treating mom to a homemade card. Copy these funny quotes or use an inside joke for a one-of-a-kind piece that she’ll prob frame forever. (via Lovely Indeed)
4. DIY Mermaid Bedroom: Craft yourself a bedroom worthy of Ariel’s snoozing with this magical set of DIYs. For starters, you can transform your nightstand into an ocean floor scene with transparent vinyl and faux potted coral. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Pegboard Wall Art: Remember that childhood craft where you wrapped string around pegs to form shapes? Well, here’s the adult version but really big, really colorful, and totally customizable. Switch things up by painting your pegboard and adding some chunky yarn to the mix. (via Sugar & Cloth)
7. DIY Wooden Animal Photo Holder: Um, yes, please to that unicorn. Turn any wooden shape into a fun photo holder for your #shelfie game or a gift for Mother’s Day. Maybe then she’ll finally ditch those ancient photos on her fridge? (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. DIY Metallic Gradient Tassel: There won’t be an un-tasseled item in your home after you learn to construct these metallic, ombre gems. They’re just the right amount of glam for your wallet, purse, grocery tote, library bag — you get it. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
10. DIY Daffodil Cake and Cupcake Toppers: Spring is pretty much synonymous with daffodils, so go ahead and decorate a cake with a patch of the cheery blooms. The additions will also double as a handy trick for making a store-bought cake look handcrafted. (via Oh Happy Day)
What are you most excited to DIY this weekend? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!