It’s Fashion Week season, which means there’s enough style inspo to keep us looking fresh for the rest of the year. We’ve been on the lookout for the newest trends coming down the runway, and when it comes to innovation, Hong Kong knows what’s up. While many of the looks that debut during Fashion Week are a little outrageous, part of the fun is figuring out how to work aspects of these looks into your everyday wardrobe. We found 12 looks that offer a peek into what trends might be emerging this year.
1. Woven Fringe: This design by Ho Kwan Lam Kevin, part of the Hong Kong Young Fashion Designers Contest, has us dreaming of boho fringe and even Southwestern woven details, but done in an understated, elegant way. Beyond that, we’re dying over those shoes. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
2. Aggressive Prints: This design by Ground-Zero features a print inspired by barbed wire, complete with a barbed wire necklace. As women continue to fight for fair wages in the workplace, maybe we need to start dressing more aggressively? It’s just a thought. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
3. Frozen-Inspired: Frozen was a pretty big deal this year, and we can’t help but imagine Princess Elsa in this design by Allien Lim. We wouldn’t be too surprised if Frozen inspires more Scandinavian styles this year. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
4. Pink Pom-Poms: We need these earrings by Ma Tai Yan Angelica in our life, like right now. We also can’t get enough of the model’s daring gray bangs. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
5. ’80s Pink: If this design by Matt Hui is any indication, then the ‘80s might be back… again. Between the belted sweater, the crushed velvet and those killer over-the-knee boots, it might be time to pull out that hair crimper. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
6. Twinsies: Designing for both mother and daughter, Vivienne Tam has us wondering if matching outfits will be the new mommy blogger trend. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
7. Ski Bunny Couture: We love, love, love, the colors in this design by Wing Lam, and while we know cropped tops have definitely had a moment, we love the idea of a winter crop top — especially with a matching jacket for a little extra warmth. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
8. Color Roots: We dig the boucle in this design by MOISELLE — very Jackie O — but we can’t get over the model’s blue roots. Will reverse ombre be a new hair trend? We can’t wait to see. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
9. Show-Stopping Shoes: Again MOISELLE brings a simple, wearable look to the runway, but those shoes steal the show. Bright loafers definitely need to be a thing this spring. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
10. Belted Vest: This look by Shanghai Tang reminds us of the wonders a belt can do for your waist, and when it’s paired with a vest, the result in a torso-lengthening, shapely look that can take you from fall right into spring. And we wouldn’t hate it if monochromatic styles made a splash this summer. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
11. Disney Princess-esque: The Disney princesses are back in a big way this year, between Cinderella releasing soon and the announcement that Emma Watson will be playing Belle in the Beauty and the Beast remake. This look by Ground-Zero is reminiscent of Snow White, if you ask us. It seems like fairy tales might be influencing our wardrobes in the near future. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
12. Metallic Skirt: We can’t get enough of metallics, and this skirt by Steffi Chan has us wondering if maybe we should be wearing more micro-mini skater skirts. At the very least, it reaffirms our belief that we need to start wearing pom-poms. (Photo by Anthony Kwan/Getty Images)
What fashion trend do you think will be big this year? Let us know in the comments!