6 Hottest Hairstyles to Try This Spring, According to Your Length
There’s a lot to love about this time of year, but admit it: Spring can be a meh time for your hair. You’re finally done hiding your locks under a winter hat (YAS), but rainy days, wind, and late-season chills can still leave you clueless about what styles to go with. If you’re sick of the #basic bun, we feel ya. It’s time to “spring clean” your style and try out some of the season’s hottest looks. Whether you’ve got short, medium, or long hair to work with, we’re bringing some life back into our manes with these fresh looks.
1. The Buzz: If you have super short hair, are you brave enough to take on the buzz? This sounds like something outta reality TV, but for reals, the buzz cut is everywhere this spring. Katy Perry and Kristen Stewart both went for it recently, so you’ll be in good company. Rock it with confidence, lady.
2. Pinned Curls: You don’t need long hair to have some serious style. This throwback look is amazing for shorter hair. Pin the front section of your curly hair back, or use an iron to create some curls first. You’ll have some major volume and bring back a vintage style everyone will heart.
3. Blunt Beach Waves: If your hair is a bit in between, don’t feel like you can’t get in on the beachy wave look. Use your fave styling tool of choice to add half-curled details to the mid-section of your blunt cut bob.
4. Blunt Lob: Medium-length hair doesn’t get the love it deserves. This spring, show ’em your hair is anything but stuck in the middle with a fresh new lob cut. It’s all about creating the perfect angle so your hair looks sharp AF, no major styling required.
5. Waterfall Braids: If you’ve got longer strands to play around with, super pretty waterfall braids are perfect for spring music festivals and outdoor events. They’ll keep your hair outta your face and give you a bit of the good kind of drama you’re after. Finish the look with some loose ringlets and you’re ready to go chasing as many waterfalls as you can.
6. Sleek Pony: The elevated pony was all over the runways this year, and it’s the perfect warm-weather go-to if you’ve got long enough hair to pull it off. After creating a low pony, all you need to do is wrap and secure a section of your locks at the base with a bobby pin or two. Weekend and weekday hair solved.
What hairstyles are you excited to try this season? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo!