What to Make This Weekend: Cross Stitched Furniture, Gold Foil Totes + More
Between all that Met Gala madness and the royal baby’s fashionably late arrival, it’s been a busy week in the news world. And while we’re all for staying connected Monday through Friday, we think the weekends should always include some unplugged time. After you’ve soaked up some sun and thoroughly enjoyed a homemade brunch, why not use a little bit of that free time to get making? Below you’ll find a few fun DIYs you can do solo or with your mama (you’ll also find one super quick one if you totally spaced on that whole Mother’s Day thing). Scroll on down for 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Gold Foil Tote Bags: Okay, so you’ve probably heard about the wonders of gold leaf, but how about gold transfer foil? This fun material is super easy to use and adds a sprinkle of glamour to even the plainest of possessions. P.S If you love this idea but don’t want to source your own materials, snag our kit! (via Brit + Co)
2. Copper + Wood Side Table: Here’s a weekend project you could easily tackle for about $50. Add some more color by painting the wood with some stripes or creative color blocking. (via Treasures and Travels)
3. Printable “Yo Mama” Mother’s Day Cards: Mother’s Day is THIS WEEKEND! If the remaining card selection is looking pretty grim, print out these hilarious (and super sweet) “Yo Mama” cards. (via Brit + Co)
5. Bleach Stamped Clothing: No need to head to fashion school to learn how to make super cool textile prints. In fact, all that’s really required is some bleach and a stamp of your choosing. Try this technique on t-shirts, dresses, tote bags, you name it. (via Brit + Co)
7. Leather Sunglass Case: With those April showers behind us, it’s time to break out our sunnies again. Whether you just snagged a new pair or you want to keep your beloved shades scratch-free, this leather case is a definite summer must-have. (via Always Rooney)
8. Cross Stitched Furniture: We’re freaking out a little bit over this upcycle hack. To add this unique element to your next flea market find, simply drill holes in the “tapestry” design of your choosing. BRB, we’re just going to go do this to all the furniture we own. (via Mollie Makes)
9. KitchenAid Spray Paint Hack: Are you getting tired of your KitchenAid’s color? No need to drop $200 on a new one — simply spray it the new shade of your choosing using glossy enamel spray paint. (via Dwell Beautiful)
10. Leather Pendant Lamps: Leather and lamps? Consider it the unexpected couple of 2015. Use non-flammable leather and colored cord lamps to make this sleek and modern lighting fixture. (via Brit + Co)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.
Start a new creative project this weekend. Try one of our FREE online classes today!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.