With Valentine’s Day now officially behind us and Easter not quite here, we’re in a bit of a holiday purgatory – and maybe that’s not such a bad thing. Take a quick break from the party planning and holiday DIYs to focus on some projects that are all about Y-O-U (and your humble abode). From a stellar side table to a gorgeous handbag, here are projects to tackle this weekend.
1. Gift Tag Desk Calendar: Dip-dye basic gift tags and use gold rub-on transfers to create the month and day labels. Keep this beauty on your desk or add it to that gorgeous gallery wall. (via Homemade By Carmona)
4. Leather Drop Bag: To anyone who has debated ditching your weekly grocery trip for that beautiful leather bag, we know your struggle. Save a big chunk of cash by busting out your sewing machine and picking up some leather from the fabric store to create this adorable drop bag. (via Brit + Co)
5. Washi Tape Bookmark: Step up your bookmark game with this fun washi tape-covered option. All you need to master this project is an envelope, a few rolls of washi tape and a pair of scissors. (via Zakka Life)
7. Colored Blocked Shirt: Head on over to the thrift store, pick out two coordinating shirts and mesh them into one super on-trend tunic. If you’re a sewing newbie, this is a great, simple project that offers major results. (via Makery)
8. Patterned Candles: Need a fun, personalized gift idea? Look no further, my friend. We’ve all been kind of freaking out over at Brit + Co HQ about how easy and amazing these patterned candles are. Seriously, it’s so simple it’s kind of scary. (via Brit + Co)
9. Clothespin Mini Planters: The secret material needed for these adorable miniature planters? Tuna cans! This DIYer used a stain marker to give the clothespins a rustic look, but if you’re looking for something a little more colorful, simply substitute with a paint pen. (via The Copper Anchor)
10. Clay Marquee Sign: Okay so we’re not gonna lie, this one’s going to take some time. But is it worth it to have a custom little marquee made from clay? We think yes. (via This Heart of Mine)
Do you have a DIY planned for the weekend? Let us know what you’re making in the comments below!