How to Make a DIY Spa-in-a-Box for Mom This Mother’s Day
May is just a few days away, and that means we’re starting to think about Mother’s Day at Brit + Co HQ. Moms deserve the best. They work hard, they deal with teenagers that think everything is “soooo boring” (come on, yours did, right?) and they are always there to give you a hug when you need one. Since they are the ultimate multi-taskers, we think this day is an important one for them to relax. Today’s mother’s day gift idea we’re going to make the sweetest spa-in-a-box for you to gift your mama. We’ve got three DIYs and a few other must-haves for your kit below.
You’ve been staring at her face since the day you were born. You’ve watched her face change over the years, and you love every new wrinkle. Treat her with a DIY face mask.
– half a cucumber
– juice from half a lemon
– ⅓ cup oatmeal
– 1 tablespoon honey
Chop half a cucumber and mix it in a blender or food processor. Then add the other items and mix to combine.
Pour your mask into a jar and make a cute label.
<br/>– ¾ cup Epsom salts
– ½ cup coarse sea salt
– ⅓ cup baking soda
– 4 drops rose essential oil
– 2 drops vanilla essential oil
– 6 drops vitamin E oil
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, mixing them together with a spoon.
Pour your mixture into a jar and tie a label around the top.
<br/>– 1 cup Epsom salt
– ½ cup almond oil
– 4 drops lavender essential oil
– 2 drops butter cream essential oil
– crushed petals from one rose bud
Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl.
Then crush and tear the rose petals into tiny bits and add them to the mix. Pour your scrub into a bottle and you’re all set!
Your mom is going to be blown away by your thoughtfulness when she opens up this box and sees your homemade goods.
In addition to the body products we made, we’ve got some other items we suggest you add to the box.
1. Lip Love Organic Lip Tints ($12): Made with love, these lip tints are crafted from essential oils and other ingredients your mom’s lips will adore.
2. Camphor Soap Stone ($11): Mom won’t want to use this soap it’s so pretty. But once she does, she’ll be completely taken by the smell. So good!
3. Prairie Nail Polish by Habit ($18): Once mommy dearest has emerged from the bathroom, spend some QT with her and give her a manicure.
4. Lavender Sachet: if you want to go the extra mile, DIY an adorable bag of lavender for mom’s intimates drawer.
5. Patterned Candles: To create the right ambiance in the “spa,” make these patterned candles with tissue paper and a hair dryer.
6. Citrus Floral Recipe Box: ($34): Love the box we used? Rifle Paper Co. strikes again. It’s actually a recipe box we repurposed :)
Of course, mom will also need some bubbly, some plush white towels and a vase of fresh flowers.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)