Surprisingly Chic Picks from Our Fave Teen Brands for $35 and Under
We know how it goes. You reach a certain age and start building the perfect arsenal of suit alternatives and It girl-approved office wear that you forget all about those tried-and-true brands from back when you were a budding mall rat. Sure, you’re an adult now (you have the rent bills to prove it), but that doesn’t mean your old faves can’t be part of your RN style strategy. We did a little bit of research (read: shopping) and realized that there are some serious deals to be had at these stores. You just have to hunt a little harder and think beyond their teen reps — because for every rack of sassy graphic tees, there’s at least one surprisingly chic gem to be uncovered. Don’t believe us? Scroll below to discover the teen brand finds that totally impressed us. Best of all, there’s nothing over $35 on this list.
1. Wet Seal Fly Since Junior High Fleece Pullover ($23): This pullover kinda says it all. Embrace your awkward middle-school years and rock this sweatshirt with some serious swagger. We’re thinking a midi skirt and Stan Smiths will do the trick.
2. Wet Seal Satin V-Neck Midi Slip Dress ($30): Wet Seal, is that really you? Criss cross’ll make ya jump jump for this seriously chic midi dress. Pair it up with a shiny bomber jacket and clunky loafers for a total street style win.
3. Wet Seal Tie-Front Bell Sleeve Peasant Blouse ($23): Bell sleeves slayed all summer long, and they’re here to stay for fall. We’re all about the rich tomato hue and pleated details on this option. Try it over boyfriend jeans with a few long layered necklaces.
4. Charlotte Russe Caged Cut-Out Jumpsuit ($35): Bring your A-game to your next big party or event in this tailored jumpsuit. The strappy neckline is totally tasteful and adds a hint of feminine flair. Pair this with a bold cuff or a couple of bangles, kick on some heels and voila! You’re done.
5. Charlotte Russe High-Waisted Skinny Trousers ($27): Looking to add a pop of fall color to your wardrobe? This marsala hue will complement your arsenal of favorites. These minimalist trousers would look killer with a girlboss blazer and a white tie-neck blouse.
6. Charlotte Russe Velvet Two-Piece Dress Sandals ($33): Um, excuse us while we pick our jaws up off the floor, but these blue velvet shoes are a total dark horse for CR. The inky blue velvet and mini platform make this heel look so expensive — but the price tag says otherwise. Let the shoes take center stage by pairing them with high-waisted skinny jeans and a crisp white button-down.
7. Papaya Hooded Utility Jacket ($26): Let’s talk closet staples: A fall-ready utility jacket is one of them. We’re impressed by the classic cut and antiqued metal hardware on this option. Consider it the unsung hero of every outfit you create during that tricky 50- and 60-degree weather window. It looks equally great over a dress and rain boots as it does over jeans and a tee.
8. Papaya Denim Off-the-Shoulder Top ($21): Focus your attention on the seriously cute top that you never knew you needed. The off-the-shoulder trend gets a fresh update for transitional weather with dark washed denim and a three-quarter-length sleeve.
9. Papaya Striped Collarless Blouse ($17): Calling all you boho babes! These faded stripes are a little nine-to-five, a little beachy and whole lot of understated cool. Throw it on over cargo skinnies or denim cut-offs on the weekends, or tuck it into dressy trousers when the work week hits.
10. A’GACI Released Hem Cropped Jeans ($20): 20-dollar denim that can hold its own against $100 and $150 pairs? Yes way. This perfectly distressed pair is practically begging to be paired with tall suede ankle boots.
11. A’GACI Directional Off Shoulder Top ($20): Prep school-inspired stripes get a major makeover with this fall-ready top. Tuck it into wide-leg denim and add platforms or clogs for a full-on ’70s vibe, or go sleek and chic with skinny jeans, stilettos and a silky neck scarf. Either way, it’s perfect for fall.
12. A’GACI Emmerson Sweater Tunic ($32): We’re getting straight-up fall pumpkin-picking vibes from this sweater. Not quite a poncho, not quite a boyfriend sweater, this oversized silhouette is the definition of fashion-forward. It would look amazing over skinny faux leather pants and thigh-high boots.
Looking for more shopping inspiration? Peruse our Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.