How to Upgrade Your Fast-Fashion Finds, According to It-Girls
Great style doesn’t require a super expensive, designer wardrobe — but, of course, you knew that already. Some of the best looks come from mixing affordable finds in a unique way. Translation: It’s all in the styling. Pairing your favorite fast-fashion pieces with higher-end items, vintage finds, and casual classics isn’t just good shopping strategy — it’s a trick Instagram’s It-girls are ultra-familiar with. Below, we’re highlighting the best budget-friendly pieces they’re picking up from Zara, H&M, and more, and how they’re turning them into totally copy-worthy outfit inspo.
1. By now, you know how important pink and ruffles are for spring. Double up and hit the trends simultaneously with this H&M Pleated Tiered Dress ($99). Layer it over a tee shirt for day, then on its own for evening!
2. Novelty denim like these H&M Straight Lace-up Ankle Jeans ($60) is a closet necessity these days. Play down the vampy lacings by pairing it with a sporty sweatshirt and jacket combo.
3. Track pants aren’t just for the gym anymore. Pair these Boohoo Camellia Contrast Panel Wide Leg Relaxed Trousers ($26) with heels and a slick jacket, and you’ve got yourself a going-out look that’s cool and comfy.
4. Statement sleeves in white like this Zara Poplin Sleeve Sweatshirt ($30) pair with pretty much anything. Go bold-on-bold by adding a bright midi skirt.
5. A sheer dress may seem intimidating, but layering it under a longer jacket (or even a sweatshirt!) is way more doable. Trust us, the H&M Mesh Dress With Bodysuit ($18) is more versatile than it looks. (Try it with jeans too).
6. Turn your bikini top into a bustier by throwing a moto jacket over it. A monochromatic look makes this Forever 21 Mesh Panel Bustier Bikini Top ($20) the It-girl’s version of a three-piece suit.
7. A pleated bottom like this Zara Pleated Midi Skirt ($70) can read kind of granny, but wearing it with a rock and roll tee takes it to a totally cool-girl place. Don’t forget the sunnies!
8. Warm weather just calls for a sweet, white dress like this H&M One-Shoulder Dress ($70). Try it with quirky sunglasses and a bold bag to add some edge.
9. Far from its typical picnic vibe, gingham has emerged as the fashion girl’s spring go-to print: Just look at this ASOS Deconstructed Midi Skirt in Gingham ($51)! Try it with leather accents for a look that’s a little more cool-girl than country.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.