7 #OOTDs for the Week: Non-Festival Ways to Rock Fringe
Whether you’re a festival-going goddess or are of the more minimalist sartorial persuasion, fringe is one of those things that works with just about any style. It’s the perfect way to jazz up an understated outfit, or soften an edgy ensemble. And then there’s all that throwback potential too. If you’re feeling like your fringe-tastic pieces get overlooked when a festival isn’t on your agenda, here is a week’s worth of #OOTDs to help you show your fringe a little more love.
1. @girlsoff5th: Fringe-flecked sandals are totally game changing. Just check out the way they add polish to two otherwise casual ensembles. If you’re looking for a way to breathe new life into everything from cutoffs to culottes, this is it.
2. @lucywilliams02: Off-duty dressing is way more fun when fringe is involved. Layer a textured top over your favorite summer skirt, then pair it with of-the-moment espadrilles for a killer casual look. Date night on the agenda? Add on a blazer and sassy heels to instantly elevate the outfit.
3. @happilygrey: Casual in the front and party fringe in the back? We’re kind of obsessing over this unexpected mix of minimalism and free-wheelin’ cool. Monochromatic separates and menswear-inspired essentials are key for infusing fringe with a modern rather than boho vibe.
4. @alltheprettybirdsofficial: Funky accessories can really bring an outfit to life, and Tamu McPherson does just that with her fabulous fringe bag. Paired with her button-front skirt and round shades, this outfit has some serious ’70s vibes.
5. @seaofshoes: From bonfires on the beach to romantic dinners with mountain views (just add heels), this cozy yet super-sophisticated getup is one you’ll want in your sartorial lineup this summer.
6. @whitneybearr: This dress has festival written all over it, but with chunky black booties and a felt fedora it’s ready for all your urban adventures. For another way to wear it, swap out the booties for sleek slip-on sandals and add on a sleeveless blazer.
7. @envoguebaby: A fringe — especially a suede one — is a staple for boho babes everywhere. But if you’re not feeling the festival vibes, swap out your cutoffs, crop tops and gladiator sandals for pieces with a little bit of edge.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.